『 sometimes forever dosent last that long 』

Xiao POV:

It happened all so fast, in seconds, maybe milliseconds. Time had stopped, everything had slowed down. It felt like the world was crumbling, I felt as if everything would just.. stop.

it had happened.

it was the thing I had feared.

it was right there in front of my very eyes.

I had seen it, Venti fell back.

Everything had stopped, time had stopped. I couldn't hear anything. All of the roars of battle, all of the swords clashing, all of the loud elemental powers making giant reactions.... it all had stopped. My vision became blurry, all I could focus on was Venti, with a strong elemental arrow, which had pierced through him.

I went over to him as fast as I possibly could, even if it hurt my head. I didn't care about everyone else fighting, all I could care about right now is him.

"Venti!!" I dove down to him, I looked at the arrow that has pierced through him, strongly filled with elemental power, trying to figure out who shot it.

"I-.... I'm fine.." Venti stuttered, panting as I held on to him, he lay his head back on my arm.

"You're not fine!! Don't lie to me Barbatos!" I partially yelled at him, trying to hold back tears.

"We need to get you medical attention right now!" I said, looking around, but there was no one, no one around that could heal him.

"It's.. too late." Venti said, holding my head in his hands, forcing me to look at him, by just looking at him like that, panting and in pain, it made tears fall down my cheeks.

"Monstadt needs you alive, I need you alive!!" I yelled, tears going down my cheeks, and onto Ventis bloody chest.

"I know Xiao, but there's nothing now, nothing I, nor you, can do about it." Venti said, smiling at me, tears slowly filling his eyes as well.

"Please.. Venti..." I mumbled, my eyes becoming blurry from all the tears.

I leaned down and kissed him deeply, I don't care if people are watching, I don't care what they think, I don't care about the tears falling down. All I know is that these are probably my final moments with the one I love, and I'm giving him all the love I possibly can, because I will never see him again after this.

I closed my eyes as I kissed him, knowing that whatever will happen next, I will still always love him. I slowly pulled away and I took his hand.

"I love you so much, Barbatos." I said.

"I love you too, My Yaksha." Venti replied.

"I'll always be watching you, from wherever I go." Venti said, tears going down his cheeks.

"Please do, I just want to know that you are okay." I said.

"Now-... I'm just going too... sleep.. for a.. while.." Venti said in a weak voice as he closed his eyes.

"Venti!!" I yelled, tears heavily falling from my eyes.

I held him tight as I felt his body get cold, and all the breathing stopped. Time felt like it had stopped.

I heard the whole battlefield become quiet, I could tell everyone was watching, watching as I held the dead corpse of the one I love in my arms.

I kissed him gently on the cheek, and than lay him down on the soft grass. Wiping my tears, i stood up and grabbed my spear tightly.

"Now, who did it?" I said as I looked at the quiet battlefield, filled with armies, archons, and lots more. Everyone was terrified, except one specific person.

Murata. The pyro archon. She had a mischievous, serious look.

"You!" I yelled over to her.

"Yes, it may be me. But listen here, you can't beat an archon by yourself, can you?" She said aggressively.

Everything next happened so quickly.

I had teleported over to her and instantly succeeded in knocking her over, I left a scratch on her arm, making her bleed. But than a shield, a geo one, came and defended her.

A hand pulled me back. It was Morax, my own archon.

"Morax?!" I yelled, but he was too strong, I couldn't move.

"Xiao-"

"SHE hurt him!!-"

"Xiao!-"

"I hate her-"

"ALATUS!" Morax yelled. I finally shut myself up.

"Just, stay quiet. She killed him, but there's nothing we can do now." Morax said.

I felt the tears pour out again. I was filled with pain, anger, and sadness. I looked at the floor and blocked everything out. All the noise, was all gone.

Than, suddenly, I got pulled in, in for a hug. By Morax, my archon, who had sheltered and protected me for as long as I can remember. The person who knows me best, even more than Venti.

I felt myself hugging him back, and crying into his chest as he comforted me. He was now the only person who could hug me and make me feel better, because now the one I love so much is gone.

"He's gone... he's gone.." I mumbled.

"Shh... I know he's gone, but we must accept it now." Morax said in a soft tone.

Everyone went silent, including Murata. I felt everyone's eyes on us.

"I loved him, so much.." I said.

"I know how much you loved him Xiao... it's okay." Morax said.

I hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. I felt like a child, hugging their father. But it was the only thing I could do.

"Why.. did you do that?" I said, turning to Murata, still holding onto Morax.

"I had loved him.. He was the one I loved. He was the reason I kept holding on to this life." I said in a quiet voice, but loud enough for everyone to hear since everyone was dead silent.

"I..." Murata mumbled.

"... I miss him." I said in a soft tone, bringing myself back into Morax's chest.

Morax stroked my head, just like he did when I was merely a child.

I fell to the ground, letting go of the archon before me, going down on my knees.

I yelled, letting it all out. I didn't care about everyone around me.

"Barbatos..." I sighed. Lying down on my stomach. It hurts, the pain, I couldn't bear it.

I got up, and just left. Not caring about everyone around me. Everyone, no matter who they were, made way for me to leave the battle field.

I went to a field of Cecilias. It was our spot. But now, it was just my spot. I sat on the soft grass and picked a Cecilia.

I put it up to my nose and smelled it. It had his scent, the scent of wind and cecilia. I held the Cecilia in my hand and looked at the sky, which was fading into a sunset.

It was all red, orange, yellow, and gold. I looked into the sunset as the sun fell down from the sky.

I felt my tears come down my cheeks, landing onto the Cecilia in my hands.

All the things you said.. I miss you, Venti. You made me feel something I've never felt before. I love you.

I guess that... sometimes forever doesn't last that long.

———————————

A/N :

wrote the juicy angst that u all asked for 🦦

btw, I'm sorry Murata.. ILYSM BUT IDEK WHO ELSE TO WRITE ABT 😭😭🙈🙈

enjoyed writing this, kinda cringe tho ☠️

ok bye