『 one more chance to hold you 』

A/N :

angst. hehehehehehahagsgsvc

—————————

Venti POV:

The sunset was right there, over the horizon as I held onto Xiao. The world was ending, for the both of us, together.

I was holding as tight onto Xiao as I could. When I let go of him, would he leave me? Our last breaths were among us (why did i put this pls ☠️) as we gazed into each others eyes.

"Venti.. Promise me something?" I heard Xiao say in a low voice.

"Okay..." I responded.

"Please hold onto me just a little while... longer... before I.." Xiao struggled to speak, tears formed slowly in my eyes.

"I promise. Now please, just focus on living for me.." I said, also struggling to breath.

"I will always... love you..." he said, I saw the tears slowly fall down his face as blood cane from his chest.

"Hold on.. for a while longer for me, okay?" I asked him.

"Heh, I'll try. I won't promise you thou-"

"Don't waste your breath my dear." I said to him.

I held his hand as we both had tears falling down our faces. Blood was on every corner of our bodies, but don't mind that, focus on living, for each other. There was a soft breeze, if only I was powerful enough to give Xiao the eternity that he deserves.

"This is the end, isn't it?" He asked as I held his hands in mine. I didn't know how I should answer this, isn't it sad enough for us to share our last breaths?

"It is never the end, Xiao. Even if we no longer roam this world, we will always still be flowing in the wind. We could even be a star, scattered across the night sky, even if its just an illusion. it will never be the end for us, you may think it is, but, this world is full of wonders, that even archons may not have discovered." I said truthfully.

I held his face, It was bleeding, but, I couldn't do anything about it. If this is how it plays out, let the show finally come to its finale, every story, or even a song, has the time where it closes.

"Let me be apart of your story, my love." I said to him, his expression looked confused, but he kind of got it at the same time.

"Let this be the epilogue, the ending, and the meaning. This may go in history, so let this be the last chapter for it all, for all the books that the people may write." I said to him with a smile.

"This may be the last chapter, but also the first chapter of many different things." Xiao said as he held my face.

Slowly, he came close to me and kissed me, right on the lips. It was our first kiss, between the two of us. It felt straight out of a love song, kissing under a warm sunset.

"Venti, all the history books that will come, I want the final chapter to be about me and you." Xiao said as he broke the kiss between us.

"I want it to be that way too." I replied, my throat slowly swelling up, making it harder for me to breath in and out.

We kissed one last time before Xiao's eyes teared up, slowly starting to close as he laid his head back in my arms, I lay down next to Xiao on the green grass. I held him close, at least when we fall from these lives, he will still be in my arms.

"I...love you.. Venti..." Xiao said as his soft slow breathing started to slow down.

"I love you too.. Xiao." I said to him as my vision became blurry because of tears.

I felt his chest stop moving, he had stopped breathing.

Slowly, I closed my eyes, excepting my fate. At least when I again, become apart of the wind, Xiaos soul might be there as well.

Even when I become apart of the wind, I will always love you, Alatus. As long as our souls roam free, The love I have for you will also roam free, together with the wind.

————————

Angst is fun to write ehe 😈😈