『 deja vu 』

A/N:

Ok so this story is inspired by the song deja vu by Olivia rodrigo 🙈🙈

—————-——————————

Xiao POV

deja vu

Aether was my boyfriend. He was loyal, kind, helpful, handsome.. every good quality you would want in a boyfriend, right? But there was something.. something wrong. It never seemed right, it never felt right.

Every time he would kiss me, hug me, hold my hand... everything, it always seemed wrong, it never felt like what I was supposed to be doing with my life.

"Aether.." I mumbled. We were sat on a small bench.

"Xiao! What's up?" Aether smiled, holding my hand.

do you get deju vu when he's with you?

It hurt, so much. It all reminded me of him.

I pulled my hand away and stood up.

"I.. want to break up with you."

"W-What?! But we've been together for 9 months! Is something wrong, please, let me help you." Aether said.

do you get deja vu? oh?

"Im.. a cheater. Im sorry, I just can't do this anymore." I said.

"You're- you're cheating on me?! Well.. I forgive you! I'll always love you no matter what!"

do you get deja vu?

"I'm serious, I can't do this anymore." I said. Turning to leave.

"Please!! Why can't you do this? I can fix everything! I just want you to be happy with me!" Aether pleaded.

"Venti- I mean...- Aether! Just.. leave me be.." I said.

do you call him, almost say my name?

"Xiao.. who is Venti?"

"I.. come with me."

I led him to a field of Cecilias, and picked a Cecilia. I went to the grave and slowly out the flower on top.

VENTI, BARBATOS, ANEMO ARCHON

FOREVER LOVED, NEVER FORGOTTEN

FREE AT LAST, MAY THE WIND GUIDE HIM IN OPEN ARMS

loved by all archons, all nations, everyone. most importantly, ALATUS.

I felt the tears drop, I showed no emotion, merely pure tears falling down.

"I miss you my love." I said with a soft smile.

"Xiao..." Aether mumbled.

"It's okay, he's in a better place now. You'd better leave me be." I said.

"But.. I.. still love you.. is there any way possible?" Aether asked quietly.

I know you get deja vu.

"I don't think so, my heart belongs to Venti, so don't try. It never will work, it never has worked." I explained to him, not turning around to look at him face to face.

"It never has..?"

"Never."

"Why?"

"I only ever dated you because you reminded me of him. Your bright smiles everyday, your cheerful, fun personality, everything, even your braid. Deju vu, that's all I get when I'm with you. I don't want you to feel like that, therefore, I am breaking up with you." I said.

"Deju vu?.."

"Yes, Deju vu."

"I'm sorry.. I'll go now, friends..?" Aether asked me.

"Okay." I said, he left after that.

I sat on the ground and smiled.

"My heart belongs to you only, Barbatos, if only.. if only you hadn't left so soon. But than again, you are still amongst the wind, aren't you?" I said softly.

"I know that forever doesn't last that long, but if I could have traded my life for you to live, I would." I said, looking up at the sky.

I picked another Cecilia up and smelled it, it smelled like him. Everything, everything reminds me of him.

"My heart, my love, my life, everything apart of me, belongs to you, barbatos." I said, the wind softly rubbing against my skin as tears slowly dropped down my cheeks.

—————————

A/N:

Short chapter bc it was rushed.