『 rewrite the stars 』

3rd person POV:

The rain fell onto the roof of Wangshu Inn, making a soft sound. The clouds were dark and grey, covering the sky.

Xiao gazed at the raindrops falling down from Celestia above, rainy days were more of his kind of thing. Rain was mostly referred to as sad or depressing, and Xiao didn't mind that feeling.

The rain reflected upon Xiao's suffering in his eyes, the same way the stars reflected his pain.

Xiao held onto the Liyue-styled parasol, protecting him from the rain. He stood silently on the deck of the Inn. Not caring how much it rained.

Soft footsteps slowly came to his side, Xiao looked to his side, seeing a boy with braids at his side.

The boy, didn't care about the rain softly dampening his hair and his clothes, he held a soft smile upon his face.

"Venti? You'll get wet." Xiao said, offering his parasol.

"Nono, it's fine. The rain is quite comforting." Venti said, letting the raindrops drip onto his hands.

"Really?" Xiao replied, bringing the parasol back over his head.

"Mhm." Venti softly hummed in reply, resting his hands on the wooden railing.

"Whatever.. I don't care if you get wet." Xiao said, returning to his normal cold tone, making Venti giggle a little.

"This rain reminds me of bad memories." Xiao said, looking up at the sky.

"Archon war? Your siblings?" Venti said to Xiao, Xiao turned to him.

"I'm not surprised that you know." Xiao said, looking at him without a single emotion on his face.

Venti smiled softly, his hair was wet and damp, his braids were messy and looked as if they were going to break apart.

"Hey, Xiao." Venti said suddenly.

"What?" Xiao said, looking at the boy next to him.

"Could you.. show me your world?"

"What?"

"Your perspective is different then everyone else, show me the world and the truth inside your head to me."

"You wouldn't want to see it."

"And how are you so sure?"

Venti looked into the golden eyes of the boy, holding his hands in his softly.

Xiao looked into the aqua eyes of the boy, his own hands were held in his softly.

"Come." Venti said, taking his hand and going somewhere, pulling Xiao behind him.

Venti led Xiao outside the inn, and into a small forest, the rain still pouring down.

"Hey, do you know how to dance?" Venti asked.

"Slightly, only a little bit." Xiao said, thoughts rushed to his head, thinking of when his sisters used to teach him how to dance.

"That's fine! You can take the lead then~" Venti said, smiling.

Venti intertwined one of his hands with one of Xiao's hands, as if they were laced together with a ribbon. Venti looked into Xiao's golden eyes, Xiao's face didn't have or show much emotion at all, but his eyes were a whole different universe.

Xiao's eyes were just like a sunset, they burned with compassion and warmth. Who knew eyes could bring out such a different side in someone?

Xiao put his hand on Venti's waist, while Venti put his hand on Xiao's shoulder.

They slowly danced, full of passion, and love.

The two didn't care as the rain pour down into their heads.

They didn't care about how wet their clothes got.

They didn't care how cold the wind hit their skin.

They didn't care how damp their hair was.

All they knew, and all they cared about, was each other.

In that second, in that moment, in that minute, in that time,

They had each other, and that's all that mattered.

Time felt as if it slowed down.

Minutes felt like hours.

Venti was all alone, with the love of his life.

Xiao was all alone, with the love of his life.

The stars were above their heads, scattered across the sky like pearls.

Xiao pulled Venti closer to him, they stopped for a moment and just looked into each others eyes.

"You hate the stars, don't you?" Venti asked.

"Yeah." Xiao softly responded, his cold tone of voice had disappeared as he spoke to Venti.

"How about we rewrite the stars?"

"Re-write the stars? They don't belong to us. They belong to the world we live in."

"Maybe the world could be ours, tonight."

Xiao smiled softly. And kissed Venti softly on the lips.

"Why don't we rewrite the stars, Changing the world to be ours, Tonight."

————————————————

I feel like the song "Rewrite The Stars" literally just describes Xiaoven idk 😭

Sorry for my lack of updating lol, I'm dealing w/ a break up and just need some time!!

Hope you understand, love you all<3