『 midnight snack 』

Venti POV:

Me and Xiao were laying in bed together, getting ready to sleep.

"Can you hurry up and lay down.." Xiao asked me, who was aggressively brushing my hair.

"Be patient Xiao!" I said, untangling the knots.

"Tch.." Xiao hissed. Impatiently waiting for me to get in bed with him.

For some weird reason, Xiao refuses to sleep unless I'm sleeping by his side. The main reason why I don't go out too late, he will stay up until I come back. If I'm not sleeping in the same place, he simply will just not sleep.

I untangled the last few knots in my hair and finally climbed into bed with him.

I turned off the lamp and cuddled into him.

"Sweet dreams love~" I said.

"Goodnight." Xiao replied in a monotone voice.

I kissed him on the lips and he cuddled me back.

I soon heard his slow, soft, steady breathing, meaning he had most likely fallen asleep.

I kissed him one more time and closed my eyes. And before I knew it it all became dark and....

"This looks pretty on you~"

"This flower crown? I guess."

"I know you like it! You're blushing..!"

"Hm.."

"Teach me, Venti."

"What?"

"How to make the.. flower crown."

"Ah! It's easy! Just get this vine and this flower.. not put them together and then just....."

My eyes fluttered open. What time was it? I checked the clock...

"2am?!" I said, accidentally out loud. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand.

I heard my stomach grumble a bit, was I hungry?

I got out of bed and into the kitchen. I turned a light on and opened the fridge.

I found Mac and cheese. You can easily microwave that.. right?

I opened it and put it in the microwave. I pressed the buttons and it started heating up.

I sat on the island table as I watched it spin.

Soon enough, it started beeping loudly. I quickly went and opened it and took the food out, but it didn't stop beeping!

Shit!! How do I stop this from beeping?!

I rapidly pressed the buttons, hoping for it to stop, it could wake Xiao up.

As I rapidly pressed random buttons, the beeping still went on.

"Love?" I heard a faint voice behind me say.

I quickly turned around to find Xiao standing there, watching me with a confused expression.

"I-"

"Let me help you." Xiao cut me off and came over to me.

"It should be this..." Xiao muttered as he pressed a button, suddenly the beeping stopped.

"Now, explain what you are doing at 2 in the morning making Mac and cheese?!" Xiao said.

We sat at the island table as I tried explaining.

"Im sorry!! I was hungry and so I microwaved this and than it started beeping and then I didn't know what to do!! I didn't mean it I swear!! Im sorry baby!!" I said, crying as I ate my Mac N cheese.

Xiao sighed and looked at my tear stained face.

"You're overreacting, I'm not mad at you." Xiao said.

"You aren't?" I sniffled as I took small bites.

"No, it's okay, stop crying love." Xiao said reassuringly.

Xiao gave me a soft smile as he moved a hair out of my face.

"Now actually, stop crying and eat your Mac N cheese so that we can go back to bed." Xiao said, wiping my tears.

I finished eating and than we went back to bed. This whole situation was pretty cheesy, but I honestly love him so much. I cuddled into him, and soon...

We both fell asleep, most importantly, together.

—————————————————

A/N:

So uh my first day of school was today ☠️☠️

might update less bc of school so </3

Love u all 🙈🙈