『 ocean talk 』

Venti POV:

I and Xiao sat on the wooden railing of Wangshu Inn, looking over the nation of Liyue.

I probably should've been looking over my nation instead of another god's nation, but I wanted to spend time with Xiao.

I came closer to Xiao but he flinched and moved away. I felt hurt, but I knew Xiao still wasn't much used to physical touch.

"You like the night, don't you?" I asked him softly, trying to forget what had just happened.

"I have no preference," Xiao responded in a monotone voice.

"How about let's go down to the ocean for a bit?" I asked with a smile.

"Isn't it late?" Xiao responded.

"Who cares? It's only a nighttime stroll." I responded with a chuckle.

"I guess I could.." Xiao said.

"That's great! Let's go~" I said, standing up on the railing.

I opened up a few wind currents that led to the beach closest to Wangshu Inn.

3rd Person POV:

The two fairly short males arrived, the sand crushed beneath their shoes and the waves of the ocean rose slowly as if it was dancing.

"Come, sit with me," Venti said with a soft smile, bending down to sit on the beige sand.

Xiao sat down next to him, the waves crashed against each other.

"The beach is so beautiful at night. Can't you see how the moon's cloudy reflection in the water? The stars look as if they could fall and plummet into the ocean." Venti said.

Xiao slowly nodded, he admired the beautiful sight in front of him, although still refusing to admit it.

"Hey, look at me for a moment," Venti said, both Xiao and Venti's eyes locked into each other, it just seemed too hard to look away.

Xiao POV:

I gazed into Venti's eyes.

I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. Those eyes of his, what curse did they have in them to look so mesmerizing?

He had magic in his eyes that even the stars envied.

His eyes are the color of the ocean,

And I seem to drown in them every single time.

3rd Person POV;

Venti and Xiao gazed into each other's eyes, both thinking about how beautiful each other was.

Their feelings were identical. They both loved each other. They were both so clueless about the concept of love, yet in each other's hearts, they found each other.

Venti finally looked away and stood up. Reaching out his hand for Xiao to take.

Xiao slowly took his hand, standing up next to each other.

"Isn't the moon beautiful tonight?" Venti smiled, looking at the round moon.

"Yes. It's a full moon tonight." Xiao said in a formal voice.

"Take the mask off for tonight. I like your true self more than your formal self." Venti said.

"But this is my true-"