『 valentines gift 』

Xiao POV:

Flowers.

It was valentine's day, wasn't it? The day where couples supposedly get gifts, or hang out with their loved ones. It wasn't the spark of my interest, but it would be mean not to get Venti a gift, right?

I stepped into Liyue harbor, the main city of Liyue. Everyone had their eyes on me, its not common for an adeptus like me to set foot in Liyue.

I people looking at me and whispering to friends, I shot them a glare, doing that is disrespectful, especially to someone more powerful than they could ever be.

I went over to a small shop with an old woman selling flowers, and arranging them in bouquets.

"Ah, The diligent yaksha, Xiao. What would you like? What a suprise, You don't usually come to Liyue Harbor, nor buy flowers." The woman said, smiling at me.

"I have my own personal deeds. You most likely wont have them but, do you have any Cecilias?" I asked, Expecting a no. Cecilias were Venti's favorite flower.

"Cecilias... I might just have enough. Would you like me to make a bouquet?" The old woman asked.

"Okay. Should I pay you or-"

"No need! you have defended Liyue for centuries, It's on me." She quickly said, going to the back to get me the bouquet.

She came back and handed me a beautifully organized bouquet. I took it and thanked her, heading to monstadt.

Venti, was standing on a small bridge, watching the fishes in the stream. I came up behind him  and he jumped a little.

"Ah! Xiao. I didn't see you there ehehe.." Venti giggled as he turned to face me, still leaning on the bridge railing in front of him.

I held the bouquet of cecilia's in my hands, Venti spotted it.

"Cecilias? Who's that for? The blockhead Morax?" Venti asked, pointing at the bundle of flowers.

"No, uh.. Its for.. You." I said as I handed them to him.

I saw the shock in his eyes as I gave him the bouquet. A red tint slowly came across his face as he looked at the flowers. After a few seconds of silence, Venti looked up at me and smiled. I felt my face heat up, his warm smiles were definitely a weakness to me.

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew at us, we both got knocked back slightly.

"Ah!-" Venti yelped as the wind got stronger knocking the flowers out of his hands, down into the river.

"Shoot!-" I said, about to go down and get it when Venti stopped me.

"It's okay." He said with a slight sad voice. Taking my hand in his.

"But, the flowers, they were for you." I said.

"You never needed to get me flowers, you didn't have to get me anything, my valentines gift is you." Venti said, smiling as he kept holding my hand.

"What?" I said quietly under my breath, my face got hotter and hotter.

"Love you." Venti whispered, pulling me in and kissing my lips.

I closed my eyes and slowly kissed him back. I let go of his hand and held his waist. He was so sweet, who couldn't love him?

I broke the kiss and looked down, the bouquet had fallen apart, there were flowers everywhere, spread over the whole river, it was quite pretty.

"Wahh!! Look at the flowers!" Venti exclaimed, pointing at the fish, nibbling in the flowers as they floated atop the spring water.

I reached for his hand and held it, I slowly brought it up to my mouth and gently kissed it, Ventis hand was extremely smooth and soft.

Venti's face instantly turned as red as a tomato as I softly kissed his hand. He looked away from me and at the floor.

"Why won't you look at me Venti?" I asked, letting go of his hand.

"I-It's nothing!! Just- Keep holding my hand!!" Venti quickly said, gripping my hand tightly.

I smiled a little, making Venti instantly look at my face.

My smile faded away as quickly as it came.

"Hey!! Smile again!" Venti said, holding my cheeks up, forcing me to do some kind of smile.

I couldn't help but chuckle when he let go. He just smiled and stared as I laughed at his antics.

After I finished laughing, Venti just stared at me for a few seconds.

"You are so pretty when you smile.. and laugh... please do it more... for me??" Venti said. I blushed and looked at him.

I had stopped laughing and smiling since the Yakshas passing, it had reminded me of the old times, when I would smile and laugh with them.. But when I laugh and smile with Venti, I feel happy again, I love him so much..

"I love you so much my love.." I said, pulling Venti closer to me.

"I love you too!" Venti said, smiling.

Hey, Bonanus, Bosicius, Menogias and Indarias, I hope you're proud of me, I have finally found someone who can make me laugh and smile again, not making me think about all the karmic debt slowly swallowing me, and someone who I most importantly love.

I really hope you are proud of me, I miss you all.

—————————

A/M:

I couldn't think of what to write nearing the end, this was really rushed as well 💀

have a nice day ;)