『 rose tinted glasses 』

Xiao POV:

Most people love themselves, love their life, and love people. Well, not me.

The world for me was, well, hard. I was never very keen on living this life, yes, I had friends, a wealthy and nice family, and everything I could ever wish for. Well, apart from some things. the main question, why did I hate my self so much?

My life, is all in my hands. though, what was the point? what is the meaning, or why am I living? what for? The world is a place full of wonders and dreams, but, what is the point of dreaming for the things that you wish for... if they won't even make you happy in the end?

Even when I was merely just a child, I was never satisfied with myself. My life was, well, meaningless.

Everyday would be the same. An endless loophole, but when would it finally break?

I was walking through the halls of the giant high school I go to, Teyvat school. Suddenly, I heard loud footsteps, quickly coming closer and closer, louder and louder, all from behind me.

"Guess who?!" I heard from behind me, suddenly, hands grasped on top of my eyes, covering my vision, it all went black. All I could hear were the students talking and walking to their classrooms, and the being behind me that was holding me back.

"Who?" I asked in a calm, collected voice. I heard a small pout from behind me, the person was probably expecting a more frightened, shocked reaction coming from me.

"It's me, Venti! Did you know?~" The person, now discovered as Venti said, letting go of my eyes, I blinked my eyes a few times, adjusting to the bright lights surrounding me in the hall.

"Who else would it be?" I sighed. Turning around to see the expression of the male with braided hair, looking extremely offended of what I just stated in front of him.

"Well.. it could be... Hu Tao! Or maybe Xingqiu.. or it could've been.." Venti started to name random students who could've done the exact same thing, I pulled out my phone and scrolled through as Venti trailed off about people.

"Hey!! Attention please!" Venti snapped, taking my phone out of my hands. Leaving me empty handed.

"What." I said coldly to the boy in front of me, tightly gripping the silver phone in his hands.

"Pay attention to me once, Xiao." He said sternly.

The way he said my name, it made all my attention go straight to him. What was this? What makes me want to spend all my time on him? If it were to be anyone else, I could just walk away and not feel guilty at all. But there something about.. him. It makes me want to see him smile, and just convert all my attention to him-

Suddenly, a loud ear screeching sound made its way through the halls. It was the bell, signaling to us that our first class was about to start.

Venti stopped rambling and quickly said goodbye as he ran off to his class. Even if I wasn't listening to him, I still seemed to want to stay, together with Venti.

After school - Rooftop - 3:30

School had ended 30 minutes ago, and I had gone up to the rooftop.

The wind had a slight breeze, hitting my skin and letting my hair fly backwards.

I came closer to the edge, looking down to the river below me. What would happen if I fell, or maybe jumped? Would it all end? Would this life of mine, that has no meaning, finally come to its end?

I went up and over the fence, Standing right at the edge of the tall buildings rooftop.

"Wait!!" I heard a loud yell come from behind me. I turned around and saw a male, with their braids going back and forth with the wind.