Unfamiliar to her

Prompt: Dream shaved his beard, but his daughter didn't know how to react.

(Based on a video where dads shaved their beards to show it to their babies for their reaction, so i had to do this)

(Parent AU cuz i need it right noww)

No one's POV

Dream was in the bathroom, holding a razor in his hand while carefully shaving his beard. Even though it wasn't that fully grown like an actual beard, he decided to just shave it all off.

He told George about this earlier, who was waiting in the living room with Clare.

George also decided to video record his daughter's reaction when Dream comes out.

Too bad for Clare, she was busy playing with her blocks on the couch that she doesn't even know what's about to happen.

Time skip - 10 minutes later

"Dream, are you done in there?" George called

"Uh, yeah i am" Dream answered

George quickly got up to go get his phone, he went to his camera and started recording.

Dream opened the bathroom door with a handkerchief he prepared earlier. He tied it around his head and covered his mouth.

"Hello Dreamm" George spoke, whilst pointing the camera at him "you ready to show her your new look?"

"Yes and no"

George walked towards the living room, still holding the phone and Dream followed him.

"Clare, sweetie, look at mee" George patted the couch with his free hand to get her attention

When Clare looked at her 2 dads, Dream slowly took the handkerchief.

"Peekaboo!" Dream playfully said

Clare stared at Dream, her lips quivered.

"She's scared" Dream sat next to her "she doesn't recognize me"

She started crying.

"Noo, i'm sorry sweetie" Dream carried her and placed her on his lap "i'm sorry"

She continued to cry as Dream kissed her head to try to atleast calm her.

-

Clare basically tried to avoid Dream all day. If she gets picked up by him, she just immediately cries and wanted to be carried by George instead.

Right now, she's playing with her toys, waiting for George, who was cooking their dinner.

Dream was watching tv when he decided to try to get Clare to recognize him. He sat next to her and picked up some of her toys so he can play with her.

"Hello!" Dream spoke as he held a blue teddy bear infront of her

Same as earlier, she cried the second when she looked at her dad's face instead of the blue bear.

George heard ot because he quickly dropped the ladle in the pot and ran in the living room. He carried the crying girl in his arms and shushed her.

"I just don't want her to think that i'm a different person" Dream explained

"It's okay, i'm sure she'll get used to it" George smiled

They ate dinner a bit later, Clare still refused to even get closer to Dream so George ended up feeding her.

Dream was upset with today.

Thankfully, the next morning, Clare was able to recognize Dream again because when he woke up, she reached out her hands at him, wanting to be carried.

Of course, Dream carried her onto his hip, making her smile.

(That was so short lol)