Cheering Up

⚠️ WARNING: THIS IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL, SO EMOTIONAL YOU'LL SHED TEARS FAM. I'M KIDDING YOU MIGHT NOT CRY BUT I TRIED TO MAKE THIS A LITTLE EMOTIONAL BUT THERE IS SOME FLUFF I GUESS, PLEASE TELL ME IF IT IS. ACTUALLY I'M NOT SURE IF ANY OF MY ONE SHOTS ARE EMOTIONAL, ANYWAYS LET ME SHUT UP SO U CAN READ.⚠️ (The all caps is not me yelling I swear)

Sunday afternoon, with Pico at work and Ben working on commissions, Ray was playing in her room with Trashi. She's 6.

"Catch Trashi!" She threw a yarn ball.
Trashi immediately went after it, while he was distracted, Ray grabbed a top hat and bow tie.
"Trashi, look!" She smiled.
He looked at her and ran out of the room.
"Aww, you never want to play dress up." Ray pouted.
She went over to her treasure chest and grabbed a mustache, Ray looked out the window to see if Pico was back yet but didn't see the car.
"Maybe daddy will play with me!" She grabbed her plushy, walked out of her room and went downstairs.
"Dad-dy..." Her eyes widened.
Ray saw Ben on the couch curled up into a ball and sobbing to himself, she frowned at the site of her daddy crying. Ray got a idea and went to the kitchen, she made a cup of hot chocolate and put some whip cream and marshmallows in it. She got some cookies from the fridge and put it on a tray then went back to the living room and sat it on the table in front of him. Ben looked up at her, she gave him a smile before going back to her room and grabbing a bunch of her plushies. Ray came back downstairs and put them around him, he sat up and smiled weakly.
"Hey sweetie, what's all of this?"
"Ray cheering up daddy." She put The Owl House on.
"Aww, you don't have to. Daddy's fine-"
"That's a lie. If you were fine you wouldn't be crying." She wrapped a blanket around him
"...I'm sorry, I just don't want you to be worried."
"Ray is worried, if daddy or papa is upset then it's not fine." She wiped his tears.
"Ray.."
"Hot chocy." She gave him the cup.
Ben looked inside and smiled to himself then drunk some.
"How did we get so lucky..?"
"Lucky?"
"Mhm." He set the cup down and put her in his lap.
"We got a sweet little girl."
"Then Ray's lucky to."
"Oh?" Ben said confused.
"Ray has the best dads in the world, who's always there for me. Ray wouldn't ask for any other dads." She smiled.
Ben felt his heart melt, he wrapped his arms around her and placed kisses on her face making her giggle.
"You're too sweet."
Ray grabbed a cookie and snuggled against him.

They watched TV and ate snacks while waiting for Pico to come home. Ray had a question for Ben but was hesitant about asking, as minutes passed the urge to ask him grew and she eventually gave in.

"Daddy."
"Yes honey?"
"How come you were crying?"
He froze up while trying to think of a way to explain.
"Well..."
"Is it because of your parents?" She asked.
Ben looked at her surprised and sighed.
"How did you know..?"
"When you told me the other day about them you cried, the day after before I got on the bus you were crying in the kitchen and papa was comforting you."
"Nothing gets past you huh?"
Ray shook her head.
"Ray's sorry.." She apologized.
"How come you're apologizing?"
"If I didn't ask you about them you wouldn't be upset, Ray's sorry. I shouldn't have asked you about them, I'm sorry for being a bad daughter and hurting you-"
"Ray, you're our whole world. You're not a bad daughter, we wouldn't ask for different." He smiled.
"You're not mad at me?"
"No I could never get mad at you." He nuzzled her cheek.
She smiled to herself and grabbed another cookie.
"So I had a nightmare about them, and when I woke up I...I thought about the things they did to me, then another thought hit me.." His smile fell and he held her hands.
"When you were a baby I would always think "what if I hurt you?" If I ever did I wouldn't be able to..." His tears returned.
Ray looked at Ben with a frown and hugged him.
"Daddy or papa would never hurt me, Ray knows that."
"But-"
"Daddy. I don't think you realize it but you're a incredible dad, you're not like them and you have nothing to do with them anymore. I know you still cry about what happened but it's ok because papa and I will be here for you." She cupped his cheeks.
Ben's tears turned into tears of joy, he hugged her.
"You're one of the best things to ever happen to me, I swear."
Ray hugged him back with a smile, she noticed his sketchbook laying next to him and got a idea. Ray grabbed it and held it up.
"Hey hey daddy, how about you draw something?"
Ben let go of her and wiped his tears with a smile, giving her a kiss on the forehead and turned to a clean sheet, he grabbed his pencil already having a idea of what to draw. Ray watched TV and him draw, minutes later she got up and put more cookies on the tray and sat down next to him.
"Are you feeling better?"
"Mhm, thank you."
"Good because my great uncle Taddy would've had to cheer you up."
"You're great uncle Taddy?" He said confused.
Ray turned around and put the mustache on then looked at him.
"Ye, I heard about you from Ray. I think you're excellent, and they can go choke on a fat animal cracker." She said with a accent.
Ben's little giggles turned into laughter quickly.
"I love your jokes."
"Thank you very much, I learned from my ex girlfriend before she walked out on me. But don't you worry because ol Taddy's got a date tonight, and I think she's a keeper." Ray said with a accent.
Ben kept laughing feeling a whole lot better.
"You're killing me!"
"Oh no don't die! Taddy's not trying to catch a case, plus I'm broker than the lady next door who's husband left her for a baddie."
He continued to laugh, Ray took the mustache off.
"Yay! Daddy's happy!" She clapped.
"Mhm, thank you baby." Ben kissed her cheek.
He suddenly got a idea.
"Hey Ray, can you sit on that chair for daddy?"
"Okie dokie!" She got up and put the chair in front of him.
Ben grabbed his sketchbook and turned to a new page, he then thought about her getting up or getting distracted since well you know, She's Ray. He saw one of her Squishies and grabbed it.
"Look honey." He squeezed it.
Ray giggled and sat still, Ben started drawing her. Whenever it looked like she was getting distracted he would squeeze it making her stay in place, a hour later he finished.
"I'm done, want to see?"
"Yes please." She put the chair back and sat next to him.
"Ooh! Daddy it's amazing, you're so talented!" Ray clapped.
"Aww, so are you." He put her in his lap.
"Ah! The commission, I'm not done with it yet!" Ben realized.
He was about to get up and finish it until he looked at Ray's worried face.
"Actually I'll finish it later, I would rather spend time with my baby." He wrapped his arms around her.
Ray beamed and snuggled in his arms.
"Daddy, I love you."
"I love you too sweetheart." He kissed her forehead.
After awhile, she noticed he fell asleep.
"Sweet dreams." She kissed his cheek.

Ray continued to watch TV while snacking on cookies, minutes later she saw the front door open and Pico come in looking exhausted.

"Yay papa." She held her arms out.
Pico smiled and closed the door, he sat next to them.
"Hey princess, how are you?"
"Ray's better now that daddy isn't sad anymore."
"What happened to daddy?"
"Daddy was crying because he had a nightmare about his mean parents so Ray cheered him up."
"Oh Blue..." He put a hand on Ben's cheek and kissed his forehead.
"Hey hey, daddy told me when Ray was a baby he was scared he would hurt me.." She looked at Pico.
"Yeah, a lot of the time he would be too scared to hold you."
"But Ray knows that daddy and papa won't hurt me." She smiled.
Pico took his hand off of Ben's cheek and put Ray in his lap.
"That's right, we could never hurt you." He kissed her forehead and wrapped a arm around her.
Ray giggled and snuggled in his chest then looked up at him.
"Papa tired?"
"A little."
"Ray will be right back." She got up and went to the kitchen.
She came back with a cup and gave it to him.
"It's that sparkle thingy you like."
"Thank you sugarplum." He pat her head.
Trashi came from upstairs and laid in Ben's lap.
"Ah there you are! Ray wanted to play!" She pouted.
"Meow."
"What do you mean you didn't want to?"
"Meow."
"You didn't have to say it like that."
Pico laughed at the conversation Ray was having with Trashi.
"Maybe he'll let you dress him up one day." Pico pet him.
"Ray would like that.."
Trashi licked Ray's hand making her laugh, he curled into a ball and went to sleep.
"Papa, I'm tired." She yawned.
"Want me to take you to your room?"
She shook her head.
"Alright." Pico caressed her hair.
Ray soon fell asleep, about a hour later Ben woke back up and saw Pico watching TV.
"Welcome back." He smiled.
"Thank you, Ray told me what happened. Are you ok?"
"Mhm, she cheered me up." Ben put a hand on her cheek.
"Glad you're ok, we're here for you." Pico kissed his cheek.
"I know." He smiled and scooted closer.
They both leaned in and kissed, minute later they let go. Ben laid his head on his shoulder.
"I'm here for you guys too."
"I know." Pico wrapped his arm around him.
"Hey Toughie."
"Yeah?"
"We have a sweet little girl." Ben kissed her cheek.
"I know, we got lucky." Pico smiled.

The rest of the day was chill for the four.

🦈 Hey hey, hope you enjoyed this thing🦈

Word Count: 1,766 (^._.^)ノ