Chapter VII

Julie woke up and found that it was just barely past dawn, based on the lighting that was coming into the room. She saw that Prowl was in his alt form and fast asleep in the room below her. She flew out of the room, not bothering to wake Prowl up and found herself in the main room where Optimus was standing clearly annoyed. Bumblebee and Bulkhead both walked in seconds after her.

"Feeling refreshed after a midnight swim?" Optimus suddenly asked.

"It wasn't my fault, I swear." Bumblebee cried.

"This isn't about assigning blame, Bumblebee. It's about using your head instead of your thrusters. That's what I want you to work on with Prowl and Bulkhead today."

"But I had plans with Bumblebee." Sari exclaimed, startling Julie as she spun around suddenly to find both her and Ratchet now entering the room. Remember that prototype I told you my dad was building?" She asked as she pushed a button on a remote and the garage door opened.

"Turbo boosters, sweet." Bumblebee exclaimed as he went and looked at the tech up close. "I will never be able to keep up with this world, it is so far more advanced compared to my past one." Julie mumbled next to Ratchet as she was hovering in the air by him.

"You're not actually thinking of hooking these things up to yourself, are you?" Optimus asked.

"I don't even think I can fly that fast, or go fast." Julie replied. "If he were to get hurt, I wouldn't be able to keep up."

"Not even with your powers?" Sari asked.

"Maybe I could transform into something fast, but otherwise no. Speed isn't one of my strengths."

"Of course not, I was gonna ask the doc bot to do it for me." Bumblebee replied.

"Have you got your processor up your exhaust port? These things are untested, incompatible..." Ratchet started to list off.

"And totally wicked fast." Sari finished.

"How fast you think I can go with them? Two hundred? Five hundred?" Bumblebee asked as he held the boosters behind his back. Ratchet turned on his magnetic beams and took them from Bumblebee, before catching them in his own servos.

"Kid, I just got done through pounding dents out of you, I won't let you put in more." Ratchet cried as Bumblebee turned and looked at Ratchet, clearly upset.

"What? My dad's equipment is perfectly safe." Sari cried.

"Probably after he has made sure bugs are out of the equipment." Julie replied. "I am sure you test the water before you jump in head on."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Sari asked. "What does this have to do with water?"

"Well, when you go swimming are you gonna jump into an ice cold pool willingly? Most people usually make sure the water is warm enough before you get into the pool." Julie explained. "Perhaps Ratchet or your father, or even I would be willing to help you with testing them out first, before you install them onto Bumblebee right away."

"Fine." Sari and Bumblebee both replied, clearly both resentful of the idea. "For now I want Bumblebee, Bulkhead and Prowl to work together and focus on blending in around the humans." Optimus ordered.

"Understood." Bumblebee replied.

"I would join them, but I think I would rather just hang here with Ratchet and maybe even work on strengthening some of my powers." Julie commented before she flew off down a random hallway. Thinking about all the powers she has discovered herself to have. She had definitely been growing used to the powers of Amalgamous Prime, who she remembered to be the one in charge of transformation. Which in a way led to the power of Prima, where she could turn into a literal warrior of light. She had even picked up the Star Saber back in her world and had even touched the forge of Solus Prime. She hadn't done a lot of crafting or creating powers, but she had fixed the servo of Ultra Magnus. She started to gain senses of both material and spiritual stuff, like how she sensed the evil spirit in Megatron from her home. Thought that one seemed to only work at random times, not exactly able to be controlled.