Chapter XVI

The past several days have been incredibly boring. Every night they were having a different person watch her. She always slept somewhere different than the night before. The first night after they got back she ended up resting in the medical bed of Ratchet's alt mode, the next day it was in Bee's alt mode on his back seats, then it was resting in the tree of Prowl's room since he didn't have an interior. Unlike Ratchet and Bumblebee though, Prowl was actually a lot more lax and a lot more quiet than the others.

"Julie, can I talk to you?" Prowl asked as she sat there in the tree thinking.

"Technically you don't have to ask, based on Primes orders, but go ahead." She replied as her wings hung off the branch she laid on. They were almost fully recovered since she had been applying energon to them every evening as well as drinking the energon when they weren't watching. It felt awkward knowing the energon was from her own wounds, but at the same time she knew that she needed the fresh energon to strengthen and quicken the healing process.

She was beyond grateful that she had not been forced yet to sleep with the Prime, who still seemed to be agitated with her.

"I am sorry that you took the brunt of the punishment. Me and Bulkhead both are." Prowl spoke as he transformed and looked up at her while she was in the tree.

"Yeah, well even if you told him the truth, the end result would still be the same, except you two wouldn't get the opportunity to watch me." Julie replied. "I don't understand him. He is just as confusing as the other Prime, if not worse."

"He's our leader, of course he was worried." Prowl told her as he went ahead and sat down against the tree below her.

"I don't trust him to respect my duty. I was forced to make a deal with Primus. He gave me the powers of his legends in return that I fulfilled the order that he gave me. Even though some of the powers I'm restricted to how much I can use them." She cried as she looked down at him. "I am greatful that Primus is willing to trust me with all these powers, but at the same time, part of me kinda misses my old life, before I even met the transformers back home. I used to always be alone, until Optimus had rescued me, but after that I have constantly been around people, that at the same time haven't trusted me with hardly anything, whether it be my own safety or me being able to keep the people I care about safe. I want to feel like..."

"Like?" Prowl asked as she thought it over.

"I want to feel as though I have a family again. I haven't been able to call anything home for years. Mainly cause it doesn't feel like a home. You need a family in order to call somewhere home, otherwise it's just a place.

"Well, I don't think a home surrounded by iron is gonna make you feel comfortable either." Someone spoke up as they entered the room, making her look up to find Ratchet. Prowl didn't even flinch at the sudden appearance, while she sat there and nearly jumped out of the tree. "I understand you don't feel like we trust you, but have you ever thought about how much you feel like you have trusted us? Like you said, trust works both ways. I personally believe that maybe you holding in all your history is making you more afraid and perhaps less comfortable with trusting us as a team. Especially Optimus. He may be our leader, but he is learning, just like you may be learning from us." Ratchet explained as he looked at her in the tree and stood in the room.

"I am..." She started to say, before they all got an alert from Optimus to head out. Apparently some rocket was headed for the city and they needed to figure out how to stop it. She merely rolled her eyes, thankful for the interruption as they quickly left the room, her sitting on Ratchet's shoulder as they went into the mainroom where Optimus ordered all of them to quickly transform and roll out. Before they left though, Ratchet signaled for her to go ride with Optimus, so she merely went ahead and glided off his shoulder and landed on the back of his truck mode, as she saw Ratchet go ahead and transform in the process.