Chapter XVIII

Julie sat there with her wings folded up, as she laid down on the seats of his cabin. He wanted her to ride with him, yet at the same time she didn't want to end up sending her wings away when she just got them back. At the same time she didn't like leaning back on them due to how uncomfortable it was to sit on her wings. What was she going to do when her birthday came? She laid there curled up as Optimus drove, listening to the silence as she laid there against the seats and the passenger door. To make sure that she didn't get injured, Optimus went ahead and had seat belts wrapped around her even though she was laying down.

Draping one of her wings over herself, she blocked out the sunlight from hitting her face and it also prevented Optimus from seeing her facial expression as she felt herself recede back to the thoughts of doubt and insecurity. Optimus was right, though. No matter what she was never gonna be alone. Not with the powers of the Primes in her. In a way that made her not only connected to them, but also connected to Primus, or what she had learned was who the humans knew as Christ. She still could remember back in the old relm when Primus had given her a hug in his realm.

It felt like such a far memory, but she knew he was still there. It was because of him she had the powers, because of him she got to see Optimus from her old world, and because of him that she was now in this dimension instead of the other one.

"Julie." Optimus spoke, making her quickly wipe the few tears off her face, before she sat up and looked to find he had opened the driver door, for her to hop out, making her grateful he didn't open the passenger door since she had been leading against it. Walking over, she hopped out on the dirt ground just as Optimus transformed next to her. She was able to recognize the area instantly to be where he had left her after he kissed her so long ago. Well, to her it wasn't that long ago, but because she had been asleep for so long recovering it was actually a lot longer than it felt.

"I know you recognize it." Optimus spoke up as she was looking at the area. "I am sorry that I just left you when I first brought you here, and I am sorry for the way I treated you. I..."

"I already forgave you. I don't know when it was for you on this side, but I was told that I needed to forgive, and to be honest I already did." Julie interrupted. "You were just trying to fulfill the task that the other Optimus asked of you. Which was to take care of me, and you ended up trying to keep me from getting hurt as the end result."

"Julie..." Optimus started to say as he held his hand out for her to hop onto, but instead she flew up to him, being eye level with him as he looked at her. She looked at his eyes and saw tons of sadness and guilt, along with pain. Along with another emotion, but she couldn't figure out what it was as she looked at him. "Optimus? Are you..." She started to ask, but he instantly grabbed her out of the air and hissed here on her head. Except unlike the last one, this one was a lot more firm and it lasted longer as he held her in his hand. She felt her wings fall over his digits, as she felt herself lean into whatever this sweet feeling was. She felt like she was being comforted and protected, like nothing bad could ever happen to her.

As soon as the kiss ended she looked up at him so confused and lost. What was this feeling that filled her with so much healing?

"Are you upset with me?" Optimus asked as he looked at her, making her realize she was making a face as she tried to figure out what it was she was feeling. "I am sorry if I offended you."

"No, you didn't. I'm just confused. I don't understand what this emotion is. I feel like my inner scars healed, but at the same time I feel warm. I don't understand what this is. Am I sick?" Julie asked as she looked up at him. He merely looked at her and shook his head while a small smile appeared on his dermas. "Let's head back. Do you wanna ride back or fly ahead of me?" Optimus asked, actually surprising her when he gave her the okay to use her wings.
She wanted to smile and say yes to flying back on her own, but as she looked at him, she noticed that for some reason he didn't entirely want her to head back on her own.