Chapter X

It had been a good couple of days since Sari's birthday and when she confessed about her past to the autobots. She had enjoyed having the relaxing few days and being able to relax among the bots a little more now that they understood why she had such deep feelings about herself and her birthday. Since then she had noticed how much Optimus had been trying to have his team help cover up sources of iron in the room from the concrete to even the machinery and pipes in the room. Sari didn't even have any knowledge of the new updates to the base as she hadn't even been by.

Currently watching the news with the bots, she watched as the television played some sort of weird music that made her whole body itch and tingle. It felt evil and wrong to hear the music as it played.

"Do we know what's causing this?" Ratchet asked as he turned to Prowl who was at the monitor. "It appears to be some sort of sonic control signal." Prowl replied as he typed on the monitor.

"I know that song, it's Soundwave." Bulkhead cried.

"Julie, I think it will be best if you stay here." Optimus spoke up, "Since you're allergic to iron, the risk of you getting injured on this trip may be slightly higher than normal."

"But...." Julie started to protest, only for the glare from Optimus to silence her. "Fine, I will keep watch from here, but just because I am allergic to iron doesn't mean it should control my whole life around me. It's everywhere after all, even in dirt...yet....nevermind, you guys go ahead and go. I will be here at base if anything goes wrong. I have something I need to do anyway." She replied as she flew toward Prowl's room. 

If she truly thought about it, any time she had walked barefoot on the dirt it never bothered her or caused an allergic reaction, yet if she touched any metal resource it truly was dangerous for her to touch. "What is the difference between iron in food and in nature, versus iron in metal? I don't get it." She spoke to herself as she waited for them to leave.

"Oh, Primus, I wish you could just get rid of this stupid allergy altogether." She cried as she hovered in Prowl's room by the tree. Surely even plants contained small amounts of iron in them. Wood has iron, which has been proven as well. So if she is touching the wood of a tree and is doing just fine, why is it that when she touches metal forms of iron it can be so harmful to her? There should be no difference between the two at all. Is it truly a curse and not even an allergy to begin with? "Oh Primus, I wish you were there to answer me. I'm so confused." She flew outside through the roof as it was starting to get dark, and flew to the park where there were no signs of anyone. As she touched the ground, she purposely touched her hand onto the soil and rubbed it against the dirt to see if any sort of reaction would be an end result to her skin being harmed or even tainted. As she lifted her hand out of the soil, she shook the dirt off her hand and found not any pain from having touched the soil. "This doesn't make any sense." She muttered as she hovered over the ground. "Is there something more to just my allergy to iron? Surely it isn't something I made up, especially when it has injured me so much."

Julie.

Julie hovered there in the air, looking around for any source of the voice that had spoken to her. "Hello? Primus? Prima? Anyone?" She cried out as she looked around the park, but saw no sign of anyone.

Julie, come to the water.

Julie looked around and saw still no sign of the voice, but she looked around and saw a small pond nearby where she was. Flying over to the water, what she expected was truly not what she saw. In the water's reflection, instead of seeing herself, she watched as an image formed of Optimus Prime looking up at her. "Optimus! It's you!" She cried as she reached out toward the water, but that resulted in several ripples forming on the water and breaking up the image. Immediately causing the water to stop, she looked down at Optimus. "I'm sorry, I kept so many secrets from you guys, I never should have kept so much from all of you."