Chapter IX

Julie woke up and found herself still laying down in Ratchet's cabin. Ever since an incident where she ended up being tricked by Sari, she ended up falling out of her hammock, because Sari threw something at her, so since then Ratchet has been keeping her in his cabin during the night to rest, instead of up in the hammock where she would have liked to be. Sitting up, she climbed out of his cabin and stretched her wings out in the process.

As she looked around in the room, she saw from the window on the ceiling that it looked like it was about midday, and everyone of the bots were in the room except for Bulkhead. Hearing Ratchet shift behind her, she flew across the room over to the concrete couch and sat down on the floor in front of it, lost in thought. As far as she knew for the past several days, Sari had been begging her to do something special for her birthday, even though every time she reminded her of why she didn't want to celebrate birthdays to begin with.

"Come on, Julie. We're gonna go celebrate at Sari's party." Bumblebee cried as he approached her. The other three bots also were in the room looking at where she just had sat down. Julie looked up at him and turned her gaze to the others who were also looking at her. "What is the worse that can happen?" Julie sighed as she stood up and flew over towards the door. "Are we gonna head out, or what?" She asked as she looked at them.

"Are you certain? You don't have to go if you really don't feel like it." Optimus asked as they approached her at the entrance of the base.

"I got to move away from the past at some point, right?" Julie replied, as she looked at them. "Besides I might as well try to do my own part in making this day special for her."

"Alright, Autobots, transform and roll out." Optimus cried as he shifted in front of her, followed by Prowl, Ratchet, and Bumblebee.

"You wanna ride, Julie?" Ratchet asked, but she shook her head to decline the offer. "If I am going, I might as well fly there to keep myself in a somewhat good mood." She replied, before she took off flying for the park that she already knew the party was going to be at thanks to Sari's begging.

As they arrived at the park, the autobots transformed right behind her as she stopped in the middle of the field and saw the party decorations that were set up for Sari. Kids came running up toward them, obviously excited about the bots behind her.

"Greetings children, and a pleasant date of birth, Sari." Optimus said behind her, making Julie cry. What is a date of birth? Is it really meant to be something to celebrate for someone such as her?

"I believe the term is 'Happy Birthday.'" Prowl commented to Optimus, but she still heard it as she hovered there and continued to look at the party. She felt doubt and sadness flood her, even though no matter how hard she tried to forget about her birthday, it always seemed to be brought back to her mind. Suddenly Bulkhead came running towards all of them, shaking the ground violently in the process. "So what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started." He shouted as he stopped in front of them, but knocked the kids down onto the ground, along with causing her to fall onto the ground as he ran right into where she just had been hovering. Julie fell on her wings in an improper way, as she laid there for a few seconds looking up at Bulkhead above her. "Julie!" Bumblebee cried as they looked down at her, but she just shook her head, sighing at how bad her luck was. "Oops." Bulkhead replied. "Sorry, Julie."

"No, don't be sorry. It should be me, it's my fault for bringing such bad luck to this party." Julie replied as she sat up and stretched her wings to see how bad it was. When she realized they were merely just sore she sighed and shook her head. "I should simply just head back to the base. Maybe it really was a bad idea for me to come." She groaned as she looked back at where Sari was standing with her father. She was about to head back to the base, before Sari saw her and came running towards her. "Julie, you came."