Festival | GiyuShino

Kny modern AU!

...

Shinobu neared the corner of the living room, approaching Giyuu, who watched her with a blank stare. It was their 1 year anniversary, and she was excited to see what her brain dead husband had in mind for the day. 

With a big smile on her face, she said, "Giyuu! Do you know what day it is?"

  " ..."

Giyuu's only response was a hum. 

Shinobu gave Giyuu a look of disbelief. Had he seriously forgot about their anniversary? 

Getting straight to the the point, she said, "It's our anniversary today! Did you seriously forget?! I swear Giyuu, you-"

Giyuu blinked a few times. "Oh, I didn't forget, I was planning on taking you to a festival this evening." Giyuu said with his usual monotone voice. "It should be starting soon."

Shinobu couldn't help the shock in her eyes. This entire morning, he had been going on with his usual routine, as if this was a completely normal day. She felt relieved and happy he hadn't actually forgotten, though a small part of her was still pissed at him.

"Huh." Shinobu said. She took a moment to regain her composure, before smiling sweetly. "Giyuu, you absolute idiot. I thought you had forgotten..." She said, with no malice in her tone. 

 "How could I?" Giyuu replied, "It starts in an hour, we should start getting ready for it."

Shinobu smiled at this. "Alright then, I look forward to it." 

Giyuu nodded, then left the room to let her change. Shinobu turned and walked to their shared bedroom to get ready. 

She swung her cabinet open. Inside were casual clothing, sweaters, jeans, shorts. But that wasn't what she was going for today. She pushed them aside, and dug into her cabinet for her more... date-night clothes. She went through her options, and within a matter of seconds, she was dressed in a lavender crop-top with a V-neckline, and a butterfly themed cardigan on top. She had a white skirt on and some black boots. 

She pinned her shoulder-length hair back with a butterfly clip that her older sister Kanae gifted to her. Then she grabbed a white purse, put her phone, wallet, keys and stuff inside. Checking herself in the mirror one more time, she headed downstairs, where her husband was waiting for her. 

She felt a pang of excitement as Giyuu held her hand, something she didn't expect, even though they've been married for a year. She noticed there was a basket in his hands, most likely stored with items typically for a picnic. Still holding Shinobu's hand, Giyuu lead her to their car.

it was a 25 minute drive, and they spent the time with some small talk. Eventually, they arrived in the area in which the festival was being hosted. They were met with the sight of many coupled on benches and such, and the starry night sky being illuminated by many colorful fireworks.

They went to search for a more private spot, eventually settling on an area under a big tree with fallen leaves on the ground. They sat together, watching the fireworks with a peaceful and comforting silence. But after a while, Giyuu spoke up,

"Shinobu, I... want to say something," He took a deep breath in, and his face was flushed. "I just want you to know that... I love you, so, so much, and choosing to be with you will never be a mistake to me." He said, slightly nervous, "I don't know what I would do without you..." He finished.

Shinobu was taken aback. "I- ah, I love you too, Giyuu..."

Shinobu wasn't sure who moved first, but she felt Giyuu's soft lips meeting her own. Staying like this for a while, they finally pulled apart, a small smile on Giyuu's face, and Shinobu grinning from ear to ear. Shinobu leaned her head on Giyuu's shoulder and together they watched the fireworks in a blissful silence.

...

Edit: This oneshot has been rewritten.