Cooking | SaneGiyuu

Another one of the requests I got during my hiatus. And I do not do smut.

Requested by: Sanemispookie (AO3)

......

Sanemi threw his coat off and collapsed onto the couch. He was exhausted, as he just got back from work. He looked up to see his husband, Giyuu Tomioka, in the kitchen.

Sanemi got up and headed in. He wrapped his arms around Giyuu's waist and gave him a peck on his cheek, which took Giyuu by surprise. When he realized it was Sanemi, he smiled and gave him a kiss on the lips.

Sanemi watched Giyuu over his shoulder. "What're you doing?"

"Oh, I'm just cooking dinner."

Sanemi's stomach growled. Giyuu always made the best food. "What're you making?"

"Oh? Just some ramen with eggs, and ohagi." Giyuu replied. He turned towards Sanemi. "Would you.. like to help me?"

Sanemi tilted his head. He was never exactly the best cook. The last time he tried to cook something, he burned the food and his hand. 

"I mean, I'm not the best cook, sooo..."

"That's fine! I can teach you!" Giyuu exclaimed, looking almost excited. Sanemi decided that he must really like cooking. Well, if it made Giyuu happy...

"In that case, why not?" Sanemi moved his hands from Giyuu's waist to stand besides him. 

"Hold on, lemme get the ingredients..." Giyuu turned away as he began to sift through the cabinets. Sanemi nodded and smiled at Giyuu's sudden delight.

"Okay! I got them." Giyuu laid out the ingredients on the counter. 

"So first..."

Giyuu poured the ramen noodles into the pot and had Sanemi pour in the water. Sanemi set hear and they let it boil. 

"Here, add some seasoning," Giyuu handed Sanemi the seasoning packet. Sanemi carefully poured the seasoning into the pot. Giyuu smiled. "Good, now stir it so it mixes evenly with the noodles"

Sanemi did as told. When he was done, he drained the water from the pot, per Giyuu's instructions. 

"Alrighty," Giyuu started. He took some onions out. "now cut these onions. We'll mix them into the noodles. And careful not to cut your fingers off" Giyuu joked. Sanemi laughed.

"Don't worry, I won't."

Giyuu, in the meantime, readied up a pan with oil and transferred the noodles.

When the onions were cut up, Giyuu showed Sanemi how to pour it into the pan and mix it into the noodles. However, some of the oil splattered as Sanemi did so.

"Ah! Are you okay?" Giyuu immediately began checking around Sanemi's arms for major burns. Sanemi laughed at Giyuu's worries. 

"I'm fine. You worry too much." Sanemi placed a kiss on Giyuu's forehead. Giyuu blushed.

"Well, I'm just making sure you're okay... oh!" Giyuu turned towards the pan. The noodles were ready now. Giyuu poured the noodles into plates for him and Sanemi.

"Alright, now just boil some eggs, and we'll be done," Giyuu told Sanemi. Sanemi did so, with a little struggle due to his terrible cooking skills.

Giyuu cut the eggs up and carefully placed them on the noodles. He then smiled and took some ready-made ohagi out. "Now we can eat. You did pretty good. Just don't pour so quickly. The oil can splatter and burn you,"

Sanemi nodded. He took a forkful of ramen. He smiled and kissed Giyuu on the lips, to which the other man kissed back.

It truly felt like home.