Awakening | Inotan

Requested by: HonesyIsMyWeakness

Sorry this took so long! I had a lot of missing assignments-

I tried to make this longer than usual to make up for it tho!

Thank you all so much for 3K views !! 

• • • • • 

The scent of blood

The scent of blood that triggered his senses. 

• • • • • 

"Don't worry Tanjiro-san! Nezuko will be completely safe with me!" Shinobu animatedly said with Nezuko nodding in agreement. 

"Are you sure you don't wanna come along, Nezuko?" Tanjiro said with a worried expression. 

Shinobu giggled. "What are you so worried about? Everything will be fine!" Shinobu said with a reassuring smile. Tanjiro went slightly pink. Inosuke grunted and looked away.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll take good care of her! I just don't want to cause you any trouble!" Tanjiro immediately said. 

"It's completely fine! Besides, I don't mind the company!" Shinobu cheerfully said. Nezuko wrapped her arms around the other girl in response. 

"If you say so..." Tanjiro smiled. "Well then, we should go now before it's too late!" he said, turning to Inosuke. 

"Stay safe!" Shinobu said. "Oh and," she paused before leaning close to Inosuke, "don't do anything reckless, okay?" she said with a slight worried tone. Nezuko waving as they walked to the destination of their mission. 

• • • • • 

"I think the village should be here!" Tanjiro said. "I'm starving! We should get some lunch! I'll pay!" Tanjiro said while pointing to a nearby restaurant. 

"Then what are we waiting for?" Inosuke exclaimed. "Let's go," he said while running to the store while dragging Tanjiro along. Inosuke didn't particularly need food for energy. He had unlimited energy, but the time was worth the taste. Tanjiro laughed at his excitement. 

"A table for two please!" Tanjiro said once they were inside. The staff pointed to a table and they took their seats. They, or Tanjiro, gave their orders to the waitress. Now to wait. 

Inosuke let out a bored groan and stretched his arms on the table. "Kamaboko Gonpachiroo," Inosuke whined while pulling at the "o". "What's taking them so long?!"

"Firstly, my name is Tanjiro Kamado. Secondly, they're preparing the food, which will take a while.." Inosuke huffed and leaned back into his chair. As they waited, Inosuke found himself... drawn to Tanjiro. He couldn't help his gaze from going from his dark red, innocent eyes to his lips and so on...

"Inosuke?" Tanjiro suddenly said. 

Huh?

He looked down to see two bowls of udon on the table. "Uh-" he started. "L-let's just eat already!"

Tanjiro looked at him in surprise. "Uhh.. kay?"

They ate in silence. Until they finished and went off to their mission.

• • • • •

Ughh... this demon's being so annoying! As if he could ever beat lord Inosuke!!

Inosuke slashed at the demon, which had simply back out of his reach with a painful smile. Tanjiro ran through the trees, trying to find a weak spot. 

Tanjiro sneaked up behind the demon, ready to made the final slash. 

Until he didn't.

"Fufufu, oh how the tables have turned," the demon said with a chilly smile. Inosuke's eyed widened. 

Tanjiro was thrown into a tree, with two long scars slashed down his face, and his wrist seemingly broken. Blood flew in every direction, as Tanjiro tried to get up through his injuries, but to no avail.

Oh! You goddamned cursed demon!

Anger rose in the boar boy's body. He gripped his swords as he stared at the menace in front of him. The demon turned to him.

"How unfortunate for your little friend.. too bad cuz he's bleeding out in the middle of the forest..." the demon smiled pitifully. 

"You fucking bitch!" Inosuke yelled as he ran towards the demon, throwing off his boar head. As he continuosly slashed at its arms, it constantly sunk into a void and popped out again. He didn't even know what he was doing at this point.

But seeing Tanjiro so messed up..

And he couldn't particularly explain what happened in that moment. 

It all felt like...  a blur.

Blue markings had started to cover his forearms, and pale horns rose from his head. The demon immediately backed away. 

"Ah! I-I'm so incredibly sorry!" the demon exclaimed, bowing profusely. "I thought you were a filthy demon slayer!" 

Oh, that's right.

The kanji on his eyes. 

Inosuke turned in shock to see Tanjiro passed out on the stone hard ground. He looked back at the demon. He gripped his swords tightly as their temperature lowered, and they glowed a faint blue.

"And, I am," Inosuke said in a low tone, his eyes flashed red. The demon now had tears running down its face. Inosuke lunged forward and slashed at the demons neck, and watched in amusement as blood splattered everywhere. 

He stepped forward, facing the bloody, pitiful demon head that laid on the ground. He lifted his leg and brought it down on the demon, blood staining his legs. 

"Die, demon," Inosuke finally said as the demon slowly withered away, begging and crying for forgiveness. He smiled at the demon's remorse.

Until he snapped back into reality. 

The blue markings had faded, and so had the horns. Inosuke looked back to Tanjiro, passed out. He quietly walked over to the crimson haired boy. Gently and carefully, he picked him up bridal style.

Even with many injuries, Tanjiro looked peaceful as ever. A faint blush on his cheeks, Inosuke let his gaze linger a little longer, at his lip, and the mark on his forehead. Shaking his head, he started to descend down the mountain, more journeys with the boy he loved so much to await him. 

• • • • •

Again, sorry this took so long! Hope you enjoyed!