Friends | KanaNezu

Requested by: DefoNotGayYall

KanaNezu, but Nezuko is human and Tanjiro is a demon.

Enjoy!

......

Kanao quietly sat on the ground. She watched the sakura blossoms fall to the ground and sway in the wind. She turned her head at an unfamiliar voice. 

"Oh, hi! What are you doing here?"

Kanao looked up to see a petite girl, likely around her age. Part of her long, black hair was tied with a pink ribbon. She wore a pink haori and the standard Demon Slayer uniform. Kanao didn't say anything, and instead, pulled her coin out.

She flipped the coin. Heads.

She turned towards the girl again. Now she recognized her. That was the girl who was protecting the demon. The girl seemed to recognize her too.

"Nothing." Kanao answered.

"Oh! Well, I usually come here to train... I didn't know other people came here too..." 

The girl sat besides Kanao under the tree. "What's your name?" she asked.

Kanao paused a bit before answering. "Kanao Tsuyuri. What's yours?"

"Oh! My name is Nezuko Kamado! Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too, Kamado-san..." Kanao replied. 

Nezuko smiled. "Oh, just call me Nezuko!" What a strange girl, Kanao thought.

"Alright then, Nezuko-san. Then you can call me Kanao."

The girl laughed. "Makes sense. Soo..." she seemed to be at a loss for what to say. She perked up. "Do you use a breathing style?"

Kanao tilted her head. "Yes. It's called Flower Breathing."

"Oh, that's cool! I use Water Breathing!"

Kanao wondered if Nezuko was trained by a hashira too. Nezuko looked at her with a quizzical look. She stared a little longer, before snapping her fingers.

"Oh, I know you! You're Kochou-san's little sister, right?" Kanao nodded with a smile. She enjoyed the company.

"Wah, you both are so pretty.. it runs in the family, doesn't it?" Nezuko joked. Kanao instantly thought of Kanae. She thought that Kanae was very pretty too. Kanao forced a smile. She didn't necessarily know what to do when she got compliments, though.

"Oh, thank you... you're very pretty aswell," 

Nezuko beamed. 

"Hey, Kanao-chan, we should be friends!" 

A friend? Kanao blushed. She's never really had friends before. She looked down into her lap before responding. 

"Friends? Yes... I would like that..."

The other girl smiled before looking up at the sound of her crow.

"Caw caw! Kamado Nezuko, you have a mission at Mount [______]! Caw caw!"

"Oh, I've gotta go now!" Nezuko rose from her spot. "Bye bye Kanao-chan! See you later, and take care!" With that, Nezuko waved and headed off. Kanao waved back with a small blush on her cheeks.

This was Kanao's first official friend.