The giraffe never existed 🫢

Harry and Charlotte had never been particularly close, and despite being twins there was hardly any sharing going around. Charlotte wished that her brother was less vain and greedy, she had always wished there was something like a particular toy that they had bonded over and stayed with them throughout childhood, but alas all Charlotte got to keep with her was a dusty old blanket that was in her baby bed. Her lack of relationship with her brother just filed her spite to disappoint her family. Why strive for greatness if it never gets recognised by those you need praise from most? Luckily for Charlotte, they had arrived.

The large group of first years bustled into the great hall and all eyes turned into them. Since it was alphabetical, Sammy was the first to get to stage out of her group of friends. She sat there a few seconds with the hat flopped over her eyes until it blared out 'GRYFFINDOR' and she happily sauntered over to join the other Gryffindor's. Noah was up after and nervously sat on the stool. All he wanted was to be with his best friend, and to most peoples surprise he was sorted into Slytherin. One other thing to mention, Sirius and Lupin had actually been employed as co-teachers for Dada classes for that year and the foreseeable future. As expected, there weren't too pleased at the placement of their son, but cheered for him nonetheless.

Harry was before Charlotte and got sorted to Gryffindor and it was then Charlottes turn. She sat down in the stool and the sorting hat was placed on her head.
'Interesting. Many traits of a Gryffindor, yet a strong will to be a Slytherin. How curious. I suppose we can see how this plays out. SLYTHERIN!' Charlotte breathed a sigh of release and went to join Noah.

A few names later and a beautiful young girl walked up to the stool. Charlotte had decided not to pay attention after she got sorted, so didn't get the gorgeous girls name at first, but her heart seemed to skip when she was sorted into Slytherin. Her hair was long and black not dissimilar to a dark waterfall. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of green but where obscured by a pair of round purple glasses. The girl took a seat just opposite Charlotte and immediately started talking to the older students around her as if they had already somehow met.

Charlotte tried to hype herself up with Noah's help to talk to this girl until the deserts had been served, then they both got distracted by the sweet treats and almost completely forgot their side mission. So by the time Charlotte did get a chance to introduce herself it was almost time for bed and all the Slytherin's were hanging out in the common room. Noah stood by Charlottes side like a perfect wingman as she finally plucked up the courage to talk to the girl.
'Hey, how you do'en? My names Charlotte, and what beautiful name would go with a face like yours?' She said with what she thought was smoothness but in actuality was more robotic than she perhaps intended.
'My names Sophie, Sophie Snape. My parents work at the school.'
'Hey mine too! Have you met my dads?!' Noah obnoxiously butted in.
'Dude!' Charlotte tried to push Noah out of the conversation but he persisted to try and talk to Sophie too. Sophie just giggled and went up to the first year girl dormitories and left it at that.