Too late!

Y/n waited outside the ministry doors, waiting for Draco. After a few minutes of waiting, she got bored and started to wander and mess around by climbing the wall or lying on the floor contemplating her life's decisions. She sat on the floor with her feet on the wall when a band of ministry workers hustled through the door. The hearing was over. Y/n hurried herself up to greet Draco in a more formal manor. Draco trailed at the very back of the hustle with a shocked look on his face.
"So? How'd it go?" Y/n implored as she launched herself at her boyfriend, wrapping her in a big hug. Draco hugged back and rested his head on her shoulder.
"Well, lets just say that your theory was right. The ministry really is always watching." Draco smiled and winked at Y/n as he then planted a long awaited kiss on her lips.
"So what do you mean?" She asked
"I'm a free man. The ministry's just going to watch me for a year or so and then they'll leave me be. Mother and father are free on the same premise too." Y/n hugged Draco once more and two walked out of the ministry hand in hand.
*************************************
Time skip brought to you by the time turner... it's always watching.
*************************************
A month had passed since the hearing, Dick was cleared as not guilty and everything seemed right with the world. Y/n was round Malfoy manor, lazing about on the sofa with her boyfriend as they watched Beetlejuice. It also happened to be their four year anniversary and Y/n was struggling to hide a surprise.
"Happy anniversary Y/n." Draco said as he kissed Y/n on the top of her head. Y/n snuggled up closer. She was getting more and more anxious by the minute, she was waiting for the new house elf Dipsy to deliver a box to her.
"Miss Potter?" Came a small voice from around the corner.
"Hey Dipsy!" Y/n greeted as the small house elf struggled into the room with a box the same size as her.

Dipsy was a rather small house elf with sweet eyes and large pointed ears that were as big as she was tall. She wore an old pillow case that was recently washed by the order of Y/n. Dipsy answered only to the Malfoy family, but Y/n seemed to be around so much that Dipsy quickly answered to her as well. The box she was carrying was a pale green round box with a big gold bow holding the lid down to the box. The lid had hundreds of little air holes in it, causing a sense of suspicion from Draco.
"Thank you Dipsy." Y/n said as she took the box from the house elf. The contenders of the box wriggles slightly by the box being moved.
"Miss Potter shouldn't need to thank Dipsy Miss Potter. Dipsy has to serve the family Malfoy."
"Still not a Malfoy Dipsy. Just remember that manners maketh man." Y/n winked at the house elf and dismissed her. (Comment if you got that reference btw).

"Happy anniversary!" Y/n said as she turned to face Draco.
"Oh, you didn't have to get me anything." Draco teased. He winked at Y/n as she carefully sat down next to him. She handed him the box and waited eagerly for his reaction. Draco looked sceptically at Y/n, hoping the box wouldn't explode with an eruption of glitter that would stick to every surface for eternity. He carefully untied the ribbon and the lid opened itself with a tinny muzzle poking out.
"Oh my Merlin! Y/n!" Draco said gratefully as he took the lid off to reveal a tiny German Shepard puppy. The puppy had big brown eyes and a small lolling tongue hanging out of his puppy smile. He yipped at Draco and jumped up at him slightly. Y/n giggled at Draco's reaction.
"You like him?" She asked
"Like him? I LOVE him! Hey buddy!" Draco started to play with the puppy and scratched behind his ears and rubbed his belly.
"What do you wanna name him?" Y/n said as she took a lime green collar from the bottom of the box.
"What would you name him?" Draco asked, unsure of what to call his new son.
"He kind of looks like a Spencer to me." Draco chuckled slightly as the puppy looked at Y/n when she said his new name.
"I think he likes it." Draco took the collar from Y/n and put it on Spencer, the dog tag magically engraved the name "Spencer" with a pattern running around the edge.
"He's not just any dog you know. He can grow wings whenever he wants. He probably won't be able to at this age, but come a couple of months and we'll have a tiny doggo parrot." Y/n smiled as she rubbed Spencer's belly with Draco. Draco that kissed Y/n as a thank you.
*************************************imma just send everyone back to fifth year cuz April fools (I don't care that I wrote this the day after April fools I woke up an hour ago)
Y/n eyes Fred and George in the main hall. It was a week until April fools. Harry had banned her from pulling any pranks on him, but that wasn't going to stop his devious little sister from embellishing in her evil little plans. Y/n walked over to the Wesley twins to enquire the right pranks to pull.
"Wesley's." She said non-discreetly
"Potter." The boys said together.
"I am here to enquire about the schemes and mischievous plots you are going to be pulling a week today." Fred and George eyed each other up and nodded in agreement.
"Fine. We shall embellish you in our witty ways." They took Y/n between them and dragged her off to a dark corridor.

A week after their super secret meeting and Y/n sat in the great hall shaking with excitement, awaiting the reactions of her victims. The rest of the school started to bustle in for breakfast. The first of her victims to walk in was Dick.
"I know what you did. The mustache is a weak touch." Dick had a poorly drawn mustache drawn on his upper lip, little did he know that Y/n had lined had lined his eyepatch with ink. She was so proud of herself seeing as Dick wouldn't notice for weeks to come.
"April fools!" Y/n scrunched her face in a smile.
"Yeah yeah. Dumb prank bro."

Draco then walked into the great hall without a care in the world. He was wearing a Gryffindor tie and had bright pink hair. Y/n couldn't hold her excitement any longer and burst out in laughter when Draco sat next to her.
"What?" He asked confused.
"Looked in a mirror buddy?" Dick asked, stifling a laugh. Y/n snapped her fingers and a mirror appeared in front of them.
"Y/n. What. The. Wizard. HELL!!!"
"April fools?" Y/n laughed a little cautiously
"Did you dye my hair in my sleep?! And replace all my ties with Gryffindor's?!" Y/n nodded her head in victory.
"You suck." Draco smiled.

Y/n's next two victims then walked into the room. Harry and Ron. Y/n didn't dare prank Hermione as she was scared of the consequences that might befall upon her if she were to prank the smartest witch of her age. Y/n blinked herself over to Gryffindor table to get a better vantage point on her unsuspecting victims. Ron was piling his plate with food of all sorts while Harry and Hermione just had eggs and toast. Ron then stabbed a sausage with his fork and tried to eat it, but it just seemed to vanish.
"What the bloody hell?" He said out loud. He tried again, but to no avail.
"You ok Ron?" Y/n said smiling.
"I can't eat anything." Y/n grabbed a shiny red apple from the fruit bowl and offered it to Ron.
"Try this." Ron took a bite of the apple and was able to eat it.
"I'm so confused."
"April fools!"
"That is the weirdest April fools prank I have ever been a part of and I live with Fred and George."
"I used magic to make you eat only fruit until April fools is over." Y/n acted smug about her prank, but deep down she knew it did not work and her crippling depression dwindled further just below the surface of her public facade. She then turned her attention to her brother who today sported a bright green Slytherin tie.
"Harry?" She said in a song song voice.
"Yeah?"
"Nice tie." She smiled. Harry looked down and proceeded to scowl at his sister.
"I hate you." He said with a brotherly smile.
"Aw! But you haven't seen where your tie is."
"What?"
"Look for a Slytherin with bright pink hair and you'll find your real tie." Harry searched the room and saw Draco's bright pink hair and an even bigger smile spread over his face.
"Did you dye Draco's hair pink by any chance?"
"Yup! Won't come off for two weeks!"
"He has my tie?"
"Yup! And you have his!"
"You b*tch."
"April fools bro."

Draco then sauntered over to Gryffindor table to go and see what Y/n was up to.
"Hey Potter. Can I tell you something?"
"What Malfoy?" The Potter's said in unison.
"Glasses Potter. Not fun Potter."
"Gotcha!" Y/n said as she blinked away to her own little den.
"What Malfoy?" Harry spat.
"Your wearing my tie."
"Yeah I think Y/n switched them."
"Or did she?"
"Yes. Yes she did."
"Or maybe she obliviated you so you would forget about us two last night." Draco whispered in Harry's ear. He then pecked Harry lightly on the cheek and left without a word. It left Harry confused for the rest of the day until Draco finally said April fools at the very last second.
*************************************
A/n: thanks for hanging around folks! Only one more chapter left and it's gonna be a super short one ( chapter 69 with 420 words yo!)