Chapter Forty-seven

Clarke's pov
Three days later

"Yeah, no, Octavia and I are having a girls night tonight." I lied to Bellamy. "She's tired of men, needed a night off." In truth, she'd gone out to see Lincoln in their little cave. I'd sent her off with a grin, promising to talk Bellamy down when he figured out she was gone.

"Oh, that makes sense." Bellamy chuckled, shaking his head. "Thanks."

I nodded as he walked away, trying to keep my laughter in. Bellamy was so naive.

Sighing to myself, I turned and started wandering back towards the Ark. Lexa and Raven were now taking daily training lessons behind the Ark on a small field, which Octavia and I joined often. They were there now, and I reached my hands up to tie my hair back as I walked, ready to get straight into it.

On the way to the back, I had to pass a big construction site; a massive chuck of the station had been torn during the landing on earth and they were repairing it. I smiled brightly at the people working as I strolled past, and they waved back. A loud clang sounded from above me, and then someone's voice yelling to look out.

Confused, I glanced up to see a beam had disconnected from its base and was tumbling through the air towards me. I only had half a second to react, and I had only just raised my hands to protect myself when the metal slammed into my head, knocking me out cold.

Lexas Pov

"Where is she?" I yelled, shoving my way through the crowd. Raven and I had been training together when a huge noise around the corner caught my attention. People were screaming, calling for a doctor. I dropped the sword and sprinted towards the crowd that was crowding together. That was when I heard someone talking to their friend.

"It's Abby Griffin's daughter. Clarke. I think she got injured." Someone hissed. I panicked.

"Clear out of the way!" I heard Abby's voice shout, and the crowd started to step back. I shoved my way through until I spotted Clarke's blonde hair and pressed a hand to my mouth.

She was sprawled across a strretcher, eyes shut, blood blossoming from a huge wound on her head. Her body was limp, but her chest moved. She was breathing.

I stumbled forward and kept pace with the small group surrounding the stretcher as Clarke was carried away. Abby shot me a glance, and her expression was grim. She didn't look like she knew what was going on. It didn't give me any hope.

Once we had made it to the medical tent, Clarke was moved to a proper bed, and Abby went to work with her assistant Jackson. Raven and I hung in the background, sitting against the back wall. It was as close as Abby would allow us. I kept my eyes locked on Clarke, watching as her slack face never moved. The wound on her head looked huge, even when all the blood had been cleared away. It made my stomach flip.

"Hey." Raven grabbed my hand and held it tightly in a gesture aimed to pull me back into reality. "She's Clarke Griffin. She'll be fine. It's just a bump on the head."

But I didn't have to try to pick out the hesitation in her voice. Raven wasn't sure, and she didn't convince me. Even Abby, when I let my eyes drift up to see, she wasn't looking too confident. There were tears in her eyes, and her hands shook.

We sat there for a long time, Raven's hand gripping mine. I had only known her for a short time, but we had developed a tentative friendship, and I needed the comfort right now.

Eventually, Abby sighed, and pulled off her gloves, which were stained with blood. I shot to my feet, and she gave me a sad smile.

"She should be fine, but I won't know if there's any effects until she wakes up. You can sit with her until she does." Abby told me wearily. I nodded, and took a step towards the bed where Clarke lay.

"Mom?" A soft voice mumbled, and all eyes snapped to the bed. Clarke's eyes were open, blinking. Her hand rose to touch the bandage wrapped around her head, and she blinked in surprise. "What's going on?" She asked.

"You hit your head sweetie." Abby crossed back to her daughter and took her hand. "But you're going to be completely fine...."

"Where the hell am I?" Clarke asked, eyes scanning the space around her. Then her eyes landed on me, and she frowned. I opened my mouth to speak, but she beat me to it. "And who the hell are you?" She said blatantly.

Who the hell are you

What? I blinked. Clarke was staring at me with a blank expression. She had no idea who I was.

"You don't know who I am?" I said in a forced calm voice. Clarke shook her head.

"I've never seen you before."

Kind of a short update but I'll get more chapters out soon. Welcome back to the book, and I hope you like the rest as much as I do.
Xo - L