Chapter Fifteen

Lexas POV

I tried to run for her.

I only made it a couple of steps out of the forest before a wall of my guards stepped in front of me. Over their shoulders I could see her.

She was completely unconscious as she was hoisted up and carried away on the backs of four Maunon (mountain men). I called her name at the top of my voice but I knew she could not hear me. She was gone.

"Heda." Gustus said. "Know that I did what I had too. To protect you. Without you, there is no Coalition. Yu sou laik kongeda-de, Heda (you are the coalition, Commander)."

I glared at him with all the anger I could muster. He took a step back.

"You will never do that again." I ordered. 

"Heda, I..."

"Shof yu op! (silence)" I almost yelled at him. "We are going to get Clarke back whether you agree with me or not."

Turning my back on him, I stalked towards the camp without looking back. 

I shook my head, the person I cared for was being held in emeny territory. I had to save her. 

I would save her.

*

Clarkes POV

Everyone looked up as I stepped into the room. There was a very sudden silence. Since Maia had indeed brought me to my friends, I let her go and she stumbled a few steps away.

"Sorry." I mumbled to her and she nodded slightly. Monty - who was behind me - suddenly let out an excited yell and ran to meet Jasper. They slapped each other on the back and grinned widely.

"Clarke!" I heard Wells' familiar voice and I turned just as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hey!" I laughed as he pulled away, his hand still on my shoulders. "You're okay!"

"So are you." He breathed out a long sigh. "I thought that I would never see you again." Wells hugged me again and then I saw Finn over his shoulder.

"Finn!" I called. "Thank god!" I let go of Wells and ran around him. Finn caught me in a hug and swung me around.

"Hey princess." He mumbled into my hair. "I see you found the party."

I rolled my eyes and stepped back. Of course he would be all light-hearted about this. Finn frowned as he took in my state. I must look a mess.

I had an ugly yellow nightdress on, which was stained with my blood. My arm had stopped bleeding onto the ground because of the bandage Monty had found, but red was seeping through the thin material.

"We should get you to a doctor." Wells said, coming up behind me.

"Wells, we can't trust these people." I sighed.

"Yes we can." He insisted. "They've been taking good care of us." I raised my eyebrows and stared at him.

"He's right Clarke." Finn said. "They gave us a room, clothes, food, everything. It's fine here."

I almost growled. They apparently had no idea that Monty and I were being held against our will in a decontamination sector.

"Fine." I relented for the moment. "Let's go find a doctor then."

Wells nodded and took my arm, the one that wasn't covered in bandages. Finn waved as he led me away.

"See you later princess!"

"Why does he call you that?" Wells murmured under his breath. "Are you two..." He trailed off.

I looked in him, sure he was kidding.

"Wells, nothing is going on between us." He visibly sighed with relief.

"Okay."

We had made it out of the door by this time, and Wells motioned to a guard standing nearby.

"Can we have a doctor please?" The guard nodded, but then looked at me. His eyes widened and he stumbled back a few paces. His hand fumbled for his radio and he spoke into it.

"Code yellow, code yellow!" He spoke fast. "We have an escapee from decontamination!"

Almost immediately, alarms started to blare loudly. The guard pulled out his gun and pointed it at me.

"Move away from her!" He ordered Wells. Wells let me go and took a few steps back. "On your knees." The guard barked at me.

I didn't move.

"On your knees!" He said again. I still didn't move. I was growing more and more suspicious about these people, sure they meant to harm us. It was their soldiers who captured me, and they must have a reason behind it.

"Get down!" The guard yelled. I looked at him dead in the eye and glared with every ounce of anger I had.

"Go float yourself!" I told him. Then. I turned on my heel and ran down the hallway. Shots rang out behind me and I ducked aorund the corner just before a bullet slammed into the wall where I was just seconds ago.

I ran blindly, not knowing where I was going. Looking back to see if I was being followed, I slammed into someone.

"Ouch!" The person said. I looked up to see a vaguely familiar girl. I frowned, wondering where I had seen her before. "Holy heck!" The girl said. "Clarke Griffin?"

"Yeah." I stood up. "How do I know you?"

"I'm Raven." She said. "Raven Reyes?"

I suddenly knew where I had seen her before.

"Oh!" I gasped. "You're that mechanic that my mum worked with. But how did you..."

"No time for that!" She pulled my arm and tugged me down the hallway, the way I was heading before. "We need to get the hell outta this place."

We ran together down the hallway until we passed a door with a big wheel as a handle. The sign on it read - Stairs. I pointed to it and Raven shrugged and nodded. I pulled the wheel as hard as I could and twisted it until the door swung open. Clambering through it, I shut the door behind us.

The stairs behind the door stretched as far as I could see. They were quite steep, so I didn't complain when Raven started to go down. We tried to go as fast as we could on the slippery metal.

"So, Clarke." Raven said as we ran down. "I haven't seen you at the dropship. Where have you been?"

I sighed, it was kind of a long story.

"Short version." I said. "There's people on the ground aside from these wierdos." I motioned to where we were. "Um, they have like a leader. She wanted to talk to me because she thought I was the leader. I stayed behind with Finn so we could form an allience. The mountain people attacked us and took me here."

Raven whipped her head around as she was running.

"Finn?" She gasped. "Finn Collins?"

"Yeah." I said. "Why?"

"No reason." She said. Neither of us said anything else until we reached the bottom of the stairs, which took a surprisingly long time. All there was to go through was a small door.

I shrugged and pushed it open. It groaned like no one had opened it in a while.

We stepped through and gasped as a truly horiffic sight formed in front of our eyes.