Chapter Thirty

Lexas POV

I woke early the next morning, and prepped myself for leaving. This time, I planned on being gone a long time. I would leave Indra in charge.

"Heda." Anya said as I left my tent and headed for the gate. "At least take guards with you this time. Beja? (please)"

I sighed, it made sense to take some guards.

"Ait. (alright)." I gave in. "But I would like you to come. Pick one other."

Anya nodded and scrambled off to find another guard. I waited by the gate for only a minute before I saw her coming back. She had Delphi with her, and I smiled at her choice. They followed me out of the gate and we headed off into the forest.

*

Clarkes POV

I ran for a long time, just in case anyone came after me. I didn't know where I would go, I had a war happening inside my head. Either I could go back to Lexa, or I could go to Mount Weather and save my friends.

Lexa would still be there when I got back. I argued with myself. But my friends might not be.

I would go to Mount Weather.

I would go and break my friends out. I would kill everything that stood in my way. I didn't care anymore.

As I ran, I passed a bush of red berries and sudddnly had an idea. Stopping, I took a handful and crushed them in my hand. Red juice ran through my fingers and I quickly put my other hand out to stop it from falling onto the ground.

I flipped my hair over my shoulder with a shake of my head, and then I let the red juice stain my hair. It would symbolise the amount of people I would kill when I was saving the people I cared about.

Only minutes later, I had covered every piece of hair a deep red. It was slowly drying, floating in red waves over my shoulders. Now that I had finished, I continued on my way.

I hiked for hours, since I really didn't quite know where Mount Weather was. I knew how to get there from Lexas camp, but I didn't want to stop there. If I did, I knew that I could not leave. After. I told myself. I would see her after.

The sun was just peeking over the horizon when I arrived at the base of a mountain. I had walked half the night. It must be Mount Weather, since I could see the massive doors that sealed them in.

Now that I had reached my destination, I decided to sleep now and I would go in tomorrow. I found a small group of trees just inside the forest, and drifted off to sleep with a gun in my hand.

When I woke, the sun was just rising. I hadn't slept long, but it was enough. Now I had a very big enemy to face. The first problem I had was that I couldn't actually get inside the mountain very easily. That would have to take some thought.

Maybe I would just shoot the lock and bust in.

No, that was a terrible idea. I would get caught in a second. Maybe, just maybe, I could sneak in the way I came out last time?

Yes! That was it. I would go in the way I came out. Simple.

It took me almost an hour to find the small tunnel exit that came out of the mountain. When I had found it, I stood at the entrance. Pulling out both my guns, I held one in each hand and made sure they had as many bullets in them as would fit.

I strode into the exit and back into Mount Weather.

Luckily, I saw nobody the entire way there. It didn't take me long to reach the door that I remembered. I looked around, and then pushed it open. When I stepped inside the room, someone gasped.

I looked up to see a doctor in a white coat staring at me. Without hesitating, I lifted the gun and shot her before she could raise the alarm. She crumpled, and was dead before she hit the floor. My entrance had caused everyone trapped in the cages to wake and they were all rattling their bars.

"Shut up!" I commanded, and they fell silent. "I'm going to let you out. When I do, go through that door and run down the tunnel. You should be able to make your way back to your camp from there."

A couple of people nodded. I went to the doctors body and found a set of keys inside her pocket. After a few tries, I found the one for cages and started unlocking. There were a lot of cages, maybe one hundred stacked along the walls.

When I finally unlocked the last one, I stepped back with a sigh and wiped the hair from my eyes. A woman stepped up to me and I straightened up.

"Who are you?" She asked. "I want to know who to reward when you return."

"Clarke Griffin." I told her. "I'm friends with your commander. Ask her."

The woman nodded and then offered her arm to me. Knowing what to do, I grasped her forearm. Luckily, I had seen Lexa do this many times.

"I am Echo." The woman said, who now had a name. "I hope we meet again, Clarke Griffin."

Echo led the last few people out of the door and I watched as she closed it behind her. I stayed there for a few minutes, composing myself. Then I walked across the room - stepping over the body I had shot - and pushed open the door on the other side of the room.

I stepped out into a clean white hallway, lined with doors. Not knowing where to go, I chose a way at random and started down it. The hallway ended at a dead end, so I turned to a nearby door and opened it.

There was nobody inside but one man, who sat facing the other way. He must have not noticed me enter.

"Hey!" I said, and the man whipped around. He raised his hand over a red button, but I pointed my gun at him. "Not so fast. I will blow your head off if you move."

He didn't move.

"Good." I said. "Now, I want you to take me to the prisoners you took, the ones that fell from the sky."

"Why?"

"Because I'm the one holding the gun." I said in a sugar sweet voice. "And, I can easily kill you and find someone else to take me."

"Okay." The man held his hands above his head as we stood. "I'll take you."

"Good choice. Now, you're going to pretend that you caught me trying to escape and you're taking me back. Slip up at all, and you die. Got it?"

"Got it."

I stowed both of my guns away in my pockets and followed the man out into the hallway again. He put his hand on my shoulder and I resisted the urge to shake him off. But it had to look real.

We walked for a while, twisting and turning down hallway after hallway. Eventually, the man stopped infront of some double doors and talked to the guards there.

"I caught this girl trying to escape." He told the guards. "Just bringing her back."

"I think I would remember a girl with red hair like that." One guard said, squinting at me. "I ain't ever seen her before."

I sighed and then pulled one of my guns out. With two quick movements, I pulled the trigger twice and the two guards slid to the floor.

"What did you do that for." The gaurd escorting me gasped.

"Shut up." I ordered, pushing open the double doors. "Get inside."

He did what I said, walking forward until we were both inside the room. Everyone looked up as I entered, and they gasped when they saw me.

"Clarke!" Wells said, coming towards me. "But how...?"

"Hold up one second." I told him, and turned to the guard. "Thank you so much for helping me." I said sweetly. The guard nodded, his face relieved.

And then I shot him through the head.