Chapter Fourteen

Clarkes POV

The last things I saw was Lexa being dragged away from me. Gustus had ran out of the forest and pulled her to safety.

I was glad for that. She would be safe.

But I twisted around on the ground, and saw a soldier from the Maunon (mountain men) leaning over me. He lifted his gun and slammed it into my head, knocking me back to the ground. I cried out, my face mashing into the mud.

I looked up to the forest and saw Lexa, staring at me in horror.

"Lexa!" I called, reaching out my hand. She moved to run for me.

And then something hit me, and everything went black.

*

A steady beeping noise woke me. I opened my eyes to find myself staring at a pristine white wall.

Where was I?

Looking around, I saw that I was in a blank white room, holding only my bed and a machine. The machine was connected to a small drip, which was plugged into my arm.

Reaching over, I ripped the drip out of my arm. It stung, but only for a minute. Looking down, I saw that I was only wearing a yellow gown, almost like a nightdress. I swung my legs off the bed and stood.

The door.

I ran to it and pressed my face against the circular window set into it. When I tried to open it, it was locked. Nothing would make it open.

I pressed my face back to the glass and gasped aloud. Opposite me, there was another door. Another circular glass window.

And staring at me through it.

Was Monty.

We stared at each other for a minute, astounded. When we got over the shock of seeing each other, I noticed the big sign on the wall next to his door.

It read - Mount Weather, Decontamination.

Mount Weather.

The name rung a bell, and suddenly I remembered a conversation I overheard one day in my cell. Two guards were outside, talking about something. It was the day before I was sent to Earth. They were talking about...the fact that they were sending them to Mount Weather.

This place must have been where the dropship was meant to land, but we were blown off course. But, there were people already here.

I had to get out of here.

Turning back to my room and away from Monty, I picked up the metal stand that the IV was hanging on. I chucked the bag of liquid away. Swinging the metal end of the stand, I smashed the glass of the window with a loud crash. Jagged shards of glass rained down near me feet and I stepped around them.

Carefully reaching my arm though the broken window, I felt for the latch on the door. When I found it, I twisted it, unlocking myself from this room. When I pulled my arm back, I was not so careful, and sliced my arm open in a long cut from one of the shards still stuck in the window.

Not taking the time to assess my injury, I pushed the door open and stepped out into the hallway. Monty was watching me the whole time, whith a look on his face that suggested he hadn't thought of this method of escape.

"Clarke!" He pulled me into a hug the second I unlocked and opened his door. I was a little taken aback but hugged him back quickly. "I thought you were with the Commander."

"They attacked us." I explained, the blood coming out of my arm dripping loudly in the quiet hallway. Monty took my arm and lifted it.

"Here." He said, going back into his room and picking up a bandage that lay on the floor. "I found this under my bed." I took the bandage and one-handedly wrapped my arm up so the blood wouldn't stain the floor and possible give us away.

"We have to get out of here." I told him. "These people captured me." Monty nodded.

"Yeah, they jumped us when we got back to the dropship. I think they took everyone who was there at the time." 

While he spoke, I poked my head around the corner and saw someone in a blue suit coming up the hallway.

"Shoot." I mumbled, pulling my head inside the door before they could spot me. The person came up the hallway and paused at the sight of my open door and all the glass shards everythere. Before they could raise an alarm, I made my move.

I scopped up a shard of glass from the hallway and surprised the person by spinning them around and holding the sharp glass to their throat. Now I could see that it was a young woman, not that much older than me. She opened her mouth to scream.

"Shut up." I hissed. "Or I will cut your throat." I did know how to cut somones throat. As a part time medical worker, I knew a lot of things. "Take off your suit." I ordered. I didn't know if there was anything hidden in her suit but I wasn't taking any chances.

She quickly unsnapped the seal on her suit and pulled off the headpiece before carefully stepping out of the blue material.

"Clarke." She pleaded. I interrupted what she was about to say.

"How do you know ny name?" I demanded.

"It's on your board." She pointed to the wall behind me, where a whiteboard held my name - Clarke Griffin.

I don't know how these people knew my name, but I didn't like it.

"What's your name?" I tried to sound less harsh.

"Maia." The girl gasped, her eyes fixated on the glass only inches from her throat.

"Maia." I sighed. "I'm sorry that I have to do this. But you are going to show me the way to my friends or I will hurt you." I didn't really mean it, I would never hurt her. But she didn't need to know that.

Maia pointed down the hallway she had come from and I nudged her forward, walking behind her. We made it to the end of the hallway with Monty following. Around the corner was an elevator.

I nudged Maia to push the button and she did. The elevator opened instantly. We crowded in.

"Which floor?" I asked Maia.

"Three." She responded nervously. Monty pressed the button. The doors slid closed and we only travelled a short distance before the doors opened again.

We stepped out into a huge lounge, filled with our friends.