Part 49

Don't mind the change of chapter titles, it's just an easier format for me to keep track.

Lexa's POV

"Lexa! Lexa, stop!" Raven yelled after me as I strode out of the back entrance of the tent, heading for where my guard was talking hesitantly with some people from the Ark. Raven nearly had to run to keep up with me, and I kept a stony mask planted on my face. No emotions would show through.

My guard looked up at me as I stalked over to them and his hand immediately twitched to the sword strapped to his back. I gave him a sharp jerk of my head, a signal. He fell in beside me, a step back from me as we aimed towards the gate. I wasn't staying here any longer. I was finished with this place.

I ignored Raven as she continued to yell after me, scrambling to keep up. Her attempts were weak and pitiful, and wouldn't stop me in the slightest. I was leaving this camp and not coming back.

"Lexa!" Raven grabbed the sleeve of my shirt as we came into vicinity of the gate. I spun, sliding a dagger out of my hip sheath and slamming Raven up against a constructed wall. She let out a gasp as I pressed the cold metal of the blade against her neck, eyes widening as she stared into my cold gaze.

"It's Heda." I growled. "And you will not touch me like that." Fear flickered in Raven's eyes as she realised that the person she knew was gone. I was on my way to becoming friends with her, but that was all shut down now. I had slammed a wall over everything that had happened since meeting the sky people. "Go back to your filthy ark people and stay there."

A wounded expression replaced Raven's fear, and I threw her to the ground without a second thought. With another jerk of my head towards my guard, we stalked towards the gate. The men watching the gate pulled it open immediately, averting their gazes from me. I couldn't blame them. I'd killed people for less than merely glancing my way. They were smart.

"Heda..." My guard started to speak.

"Shof op! (shut up)" I barked, and my guard fell silent immediately. He knew that I was seconds away from snapping even more than I already had. I had done some very dangerous things when I was mad, and there was a lot of people who knew to step lightly around me.

We walked in complete silence for a long time, my guard two steps behind me at all times. He didn't speak a word the entire time, and that gave me enough time to calm down slightly by the time we eventually got back to the clan village. The guards on the gate straightened up as we approached, bodies going stiff as they saw the expression on my face.

"Get Anya and Indra." I barked at them. "Immediately." One of the guards - a younger girl that looked like she had only just been posted onto duty - scrambled away to find them.