Chapter Twenty-Three

Clarkes POV

"Lexa." I said back. She smiled at me as I pulled back, and I resisted the urge to kiss her. Not here, not in front of all these people. My initial reaction alone must have shocked them. I couldn't even hold her hand without giving myself away. 

We walked together up to the gates, where a guard steped in front of Lexa and lifted his gun.

"Miss Griffin." He said to me. "We can't possibly let her inside."

I glared at him, and saw him falter. 

"She will not hurt anyone." I said calmly. "Take my word for it."

The guard wavered and I knew he was about to step aside before the leader cut in.

"No. We will not allow one of the savages inside our gates." Lexas eyes widened and I knew that this woman had made a big mistake saying that. Before I could stop her, Lexa had whipped out her sword and was holding it millimetres from the guards throat.

"Ai na frag yu op (I will kill you), if you ever speak about me like that again." The guard looked at me for a translation. Luckily, I did know what she said.

"She said that she will kill you." I told her. "Niron, hod op. (loved one, stop)."

Lexa slowly lowered the sword and looked at me. She didn't know that once she was out of earshot, I had asked Anya what niron (loved one) meant. Lexas eyes were soft as they meant mine.

"What did you tell her?" The guard demanded. I sighed and turned to her.

"I told her to stop. She will not hurt you unless you severely provoke her. I suggest not doing that." With that, I took Lexas arm and pulled her past the gaurds. They didn't stop us.

"I didn't know you knew the meaning of that word." Lexa murmured in my ear.

"Anya told me when I asked." I explained, pushing open a door and leading her into the Ark. We were extremely lucky, the Council chambers had landed upright so that meetings could still be hend in there.

Lexa followed me through the Ark until we reached the meeting room. I stopped before knocking and looked at her.

"Try not to kill anyone, please?" I asked, only half joking.

"I won't Clarke." She smiled at me and then I knocked on the door. The faint voices we had heard through the thick door ceased, and then someone called out.

"Come in!" I took a deep breath and pushed open the door. All six coucil members were there - Mum, Jaha, Kane, and the three others that I never could remember their names.

"Clarke?" Mum asked, and then stood as she saw Lexa behind me. Jahas eyes widened, and he reached for the gun hanging at his waist.

I threw my hands out.

"Wait." I told him. His hand froze but he didn't move it. "She's not here to hurt us."

"Not all of you." I heard Lexa mutter behind me. She was almost glaring at Jaha, obviously she could sense how much of an idiot he was.

"Nou jomp em op. (do not attack)" I told her. She relaxed slightly and gave me a look that said she wasn't even thinking about it.

Mum stepped forward and took my arm. She tried to move me away from Lexa and I allowed myself to be dragged a few steps before I stopped.

"Who are you?" Kane asked, looking at Lexa. She straightened up and looked him in the eyes.

"Ai laik Lexa kom Trikru. My name is Lexa, from Trikru, and I am Heda to the twelve clans in my coalition." I don't know why she felt the need to introduce herself in her language first, maybe she just did it out of habit.

"Coalition?" Kane asked, seeming intrigued.

"Yes, I united the clans and made peace. I do not wish for unnecessary blood to be spilled. Jus nou drein jus daun. (blood must not have blood)." She smiled at me as she said this.

"What did she say?" Jaha asked nervously.

"She said blood must not have blood." I translated. "I assure you, she means us no harm."

No one spoke for a moment as they assessed our words. Kane spoke first.

"Well, if you trust her Clarke, then we can make an effort too."

"Mochof (thank you)." Lexa said. Kane looked at me, confused and I mouthed the words 'thank you' at him. Jaha, who had finally moved his hand away from his gun, spoke again.

"You may stay if you like." He said to Lexa. "But may we ask that you surrender you weapons?" Lexa considered this, and then nodded.

"But I would like them back when I leave." She said.

"Certainly."

Lexa than unstrapped her shoulder sheath and started picking out all the hidden weapons all over her body. When she had finally got all of them, the table was piled with at least ten knives.

"Umm." Jaha seemed bewildered by them. "Thank you." I nodded at him, and turned to go. Lexa followed me into the hallway and I paused when mum called me back.

"Clarke." She said so Lexa couldn't hear. "Why is she here?"

"To make an alliance, I think." I told her. "We'll talk to you after the meeting, okay?"

Mum nodded, and then shut the door. I turned back to Lexa, who was leaning against the wall. She looked at me sheepishly.

"I feel wrong without weapons." She admitted. I laughed and soon she joined in. Since no one was around, I held out my hand and she took it.

We wandered down the hallway and I decided to show her our compartment. When I pushed open the door, Lexas eyes widened. She looked at the space, smiling to herself.

"You have a nice home." She commented. I giggled at her words and then she found the door that led to my bedroom. "Can I?" She asked. I nodded, and she pushed open the door.

Lexa walked into my room and smiled at the sword lying on the table. I pushed the door shut behind her and sat on my bed. After a minute, she sat next to me.

Not wasting any time, I reached one hand up to cradle her face and kissed her.