Chapter Thirty-Three

Clarkes POV

We ran blindly, having no idea where we were going. I stepped over bleeding bodies, Wells stumbling along behind me.

Alarms started blaring and I ran faster. I could be going the opposite way for all I knew, but I should run away from the sound of thudding footsteps.

"Clarke." Wells gasped, pulling me to a stop. He motioned to a door that I had completely missed that clearly had the word 'Control' on it. 

"This is why you were right to come along." I joked, grinning at him. Gun at the ready, I pushed open the door. Only two men were sitting inside the room, and one reached for a radio. "Don't!" I commanded, pointing my gun at him.

He did anyway, picking the radio off his belt and raising it to his mouth. Out of options, I pulled the trigger. A small hole appeared in the mans chest, and he slumped to the floor.

"I suggest you stay there." Wells ordered, pointing his gun at the other man. He was older, and quite obviously high up in rank here. His clothes looked high quality, and he just had that look about him.

"Who are you?" I asked as Wells shut the door. He stacked a chair in front of it so we would have some warning if someone came in. 

"Dante Wallace." The man said, almost proudly. "President of Mount Weather."

I didn't see why we needed to know this, but he probably just liked to show it off.

"Okay, President." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Are you going to help us, or do we just cut straight to it?" I motioned towards the dead guard on the floor.

"I'll help." He mumbled. "What do you want?"

"I want you to tell me how to open all the sealed doors."

The Presidents eyes widened.

"But that'll kill all of us!" When I only nodded, he shook his head. "Then I won't help you, not if I'm going to die anyway."

"I thought that would be the case." I sighed. "Well then, you can just sit there while I try and figure it out. Who knows, maybe I'll do something even worse my accident."

I hadn't thought my plan out enough to realise that he would probably refuse. But I needed him alive in case he chanegd his mind. Wells watched as I sat in one of the chairs and started clicking on the huge computer.

The first thing I clicked on was something called 'Acid Fog'. It sounded deadly. It brought me to a page where there were many options. It looked like there were fog dispensers hidden everywhere, as a defence mechanism.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this Clarke." Wells said, low enough so that I could just hear him. "There people, they just want to survive."

"I know." I said back. "I know." Then I looked at the President. Suddenly, I had a new idea.

"What?" He asked rudely.

"Do you have an intercom system?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Great." I stood and touched my gun. "Bring it up."

After a second, the President sighed and clocked a few buttons, brining up a page with a picture of a microphone on it.

"Now, order all civilians - all men, women and children who don't fight - into a secure room. Make sure all the doctors don't join them."

I heard Wells' almost silent gasp behind me, he had figured out what I was doing.

"Umm, people of Mount Weather." The President tapped the microphone and started speaking. "This is your President. We are under attack. Any person who is not a guard please make your way to level five. All doctors please report to medical on level three. All guards report to command on level four. I will update you shortly."