Chapter Forty-One

Clarkes POV

She hasn't come back. I'm worried that she's been kidnapped, lost, or even killed. The search party that went out three hours ago came back with nothing. No footprints, not a single thing. No one had seen her since we went to Compartment 307.

Finn, Wells, Monty, Jasper, Harper, Bellamy, Octavia and Raven all split up around the ark and helped search for her there. But they all came up empty. It was like she had vanished.

Someone knocked on my compartment door and I jumped up, hoping that it was Lexa, and that she as okay. But it was just Finn. I slumped back on the chair as he closed the door behind him.

"Anything?" He asked, and I shook my head. Charlotte stuck her head out of her room, her face hopeful aswell. She liked Lexa now, for the pure reason that I did too. She made a face when she saw Finn, and disappeared again. 

Finn stuck out his hand and rested it on my shoulder, trying to be comforting. I wouldn't have paid any attention, except for the fact that I noticed a small black splotch on his wrist. Sitting up straight, I grabbed his arm and pulled his sleeve up.

"Hey!" He said, trying to pull it down again. But I had already seen it, the smallest drop of it on his skin.

Lexas blood.

He had her, somewhere, and hurting her by the fact that her blood was staining his hands black.

"Where is she?" I growled. "What are you doing to her?"

"I don't have her." He said, stumbling back.

"Then why is her blood on your wrist?" Finn looked down, as if suddenly noticing the blood.

"It's not her blood." He protested, lying. "It's oil from the machine shop."

"I know what blood looks like Finn, I work in medical. And she's the only one with black blood, so you can't tell be that you don't have her somewhere."

The door banged open behind Finn and my mother rushed into the room.

"What's happening? I heard..." She said.

"He has Lexa." I stabbed a finger in his direction. "I know he does." Mum sighed and shook her head. 

"Clarke, he doesn't..."

"He does!" I yelled, cutting her off. "Her blood is on his wrist!"

I grabbed his arm again and showed her. She knew was blood looked like, so she would know that I was right. Mum took one look at the black splotch, and her face hardened.

"What have you done to her?" She asked Finn, but he didn't answer. Instead, he stalked out of the room and slammed the door behind him. I tried to follow him, but Mum grabbed my arm, holding me back.

"What are you doing? He has her. He's probably hurting her!"

"Clarke, we''l find her. I'll have Finn followed. We'll get her back, I promise."

I shook my head, twisting out of her grip and running out of the door. I would find her now, not later. She could be dying and it would be too late. I ran through the Ark, having no purpose except to find Lexa.

Mum caught up with me outside the jail, and I finally stopped.

"I have no idea where she is!" I turned to her "She can't have just vanished."

"We'll fine her." Mum said. "She can't have gone far."

"Maybe she's dead." My voice broke and Mum put an arm around my shoulder, leading me away. She steered me back to Compartment 307, and sat me down on the double bed in the room that was for Lexa and I. Then she left, asking Charlotte to just keep an eye on me and to get her if anything happened.

I sat on the bed, feeling Lexas abscence like an empty hole that I couldn't fill. I knew that Finn had her, and I was going to find her. I sat for hours, just staring at the wall before anything changed.

"Clarke?" Charlotte asked, sounding scared. "Can I come in?" I looked up to see her standing in the doorway, looking hesitant.

"Of course." I patted the space next to me. Charlotte sat next to me, and then looked at her knees.

"I know I'm not Lexa." She said. "But I can help?" I looked over to see her holding out her arms to me. I smiled sadly and hugged her, happy in the fact that she was trying.

"Thank you Charlotte." I whispered. "You do help." Charlotte smiled, and wiped a runaway tear from my face.

"I'm glad." She said. I nodded and sat thinking, thinking about where Lexa could be. Finn had to keep her somewhere in the Ark, somewhere easily accessible but not where anyone would go in. He would need a cover story.

"I have to go." I stood up. "I know where she is." Charlotte looked worried.

"But..."

"Charlotte, I'll be really quick. I just can't stay." Charlotte reluctantly nodded and watched as I raced out of the compartment. 

Finn would need a cover story, of course he would. A cover story like the grounder prisoner they had found, one that was dangerous. There had been whispers all over the camp. Lexa had to bee there. I raced down to the jails, where I had been before. I felt a pang when I realised that if Lexa was indeed in there, she had probably heard me.

I just hope she had hung on long enough for me to find her.

There was two people outside the jail cell, and they moved to stop me, blocking the entrance. I rolled my eyes, and took them both down with a kick to their knees. I hopped around them, and pulled the bolt on the door.

It slowly creaked open, and I pushed open the door to a horiffic sight. The floor was stained black with blood, and two people were in the middle of the room. Finn, standing over someone tied to a chair. He held a knife, holding it close to a person covered in cuts.

Lexa.