e p i l o g u e

5 years later

    It's been five years. Five years since Harry last saw Louis. He would like to say 'heard' but he's been all over the news a couple of times. He's an infamous criminal after all. And he's gotten worse since Harry left. He's become sloppier over time and reckless. Well, that was for a while. The waters seem to have calmed down a bit in the last year. No headlines on the news, nothing.

    " Thank you, Mr. Braverstone. " Harry shook his therapist's hand when the session was over, before slinging his leather bag over his shoulder and leaving the clearing without second thoughts.

    What? You think after dealing with someone like Louis you wouldn't need therapy?

    Harry loved him. A lot. But he was crazy, causing Harry to become insane along with him. It was late when he realized, he's done too much damage, but better than never, right?

    After he left, he spent a lot of time trapped in his house, before deciding to force it all in the past and try to advance towards the future. He took school seriously, worked a lot in the last two months before he was done with high school forever. Harry didn't exactly show up to school like an ordinary student, but he did his job. A wolf never changes his clothing, after all.

    He tried giving Lydia a chance one more time, but he couldn't stand her. She was just so annoying. It lasted one month before he ditched her forever. It didn't matter to him that his father was mad. He wasn't happy with her.

    He tried everything, and after a long time, he finally was set on the right path. The boy was glad he didn't murder his father that day, but neither of them ever spoke of that. He helped him a lot with his career, now Harry becoming the CEO of his father's company. His father retired two years ago and trusted Harry with his company in the future. They may have had their wrongs together, but after all, they were father and son, so they couldn't hold that grudge forever. Harry was ready to forgive him for how he acted after a really long time. When he felt he could trust him.

    His mother fell sick a few months ago, but she's on the way to recovery. Harry was dead worried about her, because she's always been kind to him. Kinder than his father, and Harry always loved her more. Even though, she couldn't exactly speak against him or take her son's side. Harry didn't seem to mind that much, he learnt how to give part of his heart to people and be generous. He may still be arrogant and narcissistic sometimes, but a lot of him changed.

    Not long after he finished his first year of Uni, he started dating again. And surprisingly, for Harry, it worked out. After three years of relationship, he's still with her. He noticed how his kindness and interest blossomed something beautiful, unlike his rudeness and careless behavior of his teenage years.

    One thing he missed a lot about the Mafia was Niall. He regretted leaving Louis, knowing he'll have to leave Niall behind. After all, cutting ties with the entire mafia meant leaving Niall along with it. In the past. He never got to know if he and that girl he liked worked out. How is he? He wondered that a lot. Niall became his best friend, the person he could count on when he needed to. But he's gone now.

    The first months without Louis were hard, harder than he'd thought. He'd had a few intentions of breaking his promise and going back to Louis, knowing the man will wait for him, but something stronger in the back of his mind, pulled him back. Every time he'd fight with his father, he'd have the instinct of wanting to go back to Louis, but it never happened. And slowly, it became easier for him to adapt and live his life normally. He never thought he'd ever get there, but he did. And look at him. He's now the owner of his father's company and with a woman he loves for over three years.