Vol.10

2 months later

Since the ball it's been a couple months. Nicholai doesn't seem to forget about the incident and have been himself again. He'd come home each night and yell at me, calling me names so I'd do the same for him. He was nice at times but it seems to be a struggle for him.

Ares and I kept hanging out. I'd even spend a few nights at his place. We only ever kiss that's it nothing more. Ares is sweet and caring, he's a bit rough at times but he knows how to treat a woman unlike Nic.

"Are you interested Scarlett?" He asked.

"Yes Ares why?"I asked.

"Well for one you seemed to put more effort in Nic," he smiled softly but I know he felt hurt.

And it's true I do put more effort in Nic because even though he treats me badly I really like him. All the happy moments we had, I put it over the bad ones for they're worth it. I like both Ares and Nic they both deserve someone good. I want them both especially nic to realize he can be a fine man one day.

"Don't worry about it," I smiled and kissed Ares forehead.

"Get dressed I have a surprise for you," He smiled and left the room.

I quickly got ready not even bothering to wear makeup because he likes me better without, always saying my natural beauty is beyond the most beautiful sight. Nic would never agree, he would always say get your makeup ready.

"You look so beautiful like an angel!" Ares said in the excited tone of a child

"Thank you," I smiled.

We both walked out his compound gate to see a sexy dark blue GLE.

" Oh my goshh !" I screamed out as he handed me the key.

" You always talked about your dream car and how much you love the color of my eye so I gave you both," He smiled.

" Thank you so much Ares-Seth," I smiled and hugged him.

" Happy birthday princess," He hugged me tightly.

I almost didn't remember today was my birthday. May 16th. I handed him my phone as he took me some fine pictures of me and my new car. I'll blur it and post it later. I made sure to take some with me and him. We were also matching.

I drove to the restaurant he directed me to. It was completely empty though. He directed me upstairs where soft music was playing. We sat at the scenery table in the middle.

"The family is hosting you a secret party but I had to have you to myself first," He smiled. We ate and chatted, he made sure I was always laughing.

I watched as he pulled a few stuff from underneath the table. There were three boxes of different sizes.

I opened the biggest one to see a beautiful portrait of myself. The second biggest one had a white hoodie that said' The star in my life, the brightness of each day. Have a lovely one. Xxx:A'. It was beyond the cutest thing ever. The smallest box held a dark blue stone star necklace, through the back you could see the hidden writing inside the stone that said 'Star of My Life♡'.

"Aww they're literally the cutest thank you so much," I smiled . I made sure to snap a picture of it.

" Best for the best," He smiled.

"Let's get going," He smiled carried my gifts to the car.

I blurred the background of each picture and posted it on my page.