⁂ A Not-So-Familiar Face ⁂

'Y/n, this is Shikanoin Heizou. Your partner on the case.'

All you could do is stare at him. It seemed to all click in his mind too, a spark lit up his eye.
'Is everything alright?' Sara interrupted. A small smirk grew on her face. What is going on with these two? 'Yeah..everything's fine..' You answered. Heizou nodded and turned his attention onto Kujou Sara.
'As i mentioned, you will need to head to Inazuma directly after this briefing. A wave rider is set up for you at the shore. Please be careful, and for the love of the shogun, don't die.' She stood up and left the room. Both you and Heizou stared at where she was sat. Now i've got to share a wave rider with him? You furrowed your brow and walked out, heading towards the coast.

You instantly felt his presence when walking down to the boat, as if he was trying to catch up with you. I mean..i shouldn't hate him right? we fell out over melons..

Once inside the boat, you placed down your things and waited for Heizou to hop in. He silently got in and removed the rope which attached the boat in place. It wasn't a giant Waverider, but it wasn't like you two were squished up next to eachother.
'So uh..do you go to Inazuma often?' He smiled at you, breaking the silence.
'Yeah. When i need to get food.' You replied blatantly. Heizou uttered a brief "ahh" before settling back to fidget. 'Are you mad at me because of a melon?' He poked your shoulder in jest. You gave him a deadpan look. 'Yes.' As he shifted back to his original position, his smile became more pronounced.. 'Ugh. You're boring. This case will suck~' He dragged out the vowel on 'suck'. You pretended to act shocked.
'Excuse me? You're the one who keeps asking questions.' You snapped back, narrowing your eyes at him. 'Yeah! Because you're boring.' He acted like a sad puppy. 'I bet i'll find out why the dudes been murdered anyways..' He continued. A small smile inched its way onto your face. 'Oh really? If you're such a outstanding detective, how come i've never heard of you? I bet i'll solve this case.' His mouth opened, pre tending to be hurt. 'How could you! I'm just too good for you to know me' He crossed his arm.
'Whoever solves this case is the better detective.' You put out your hand to shake.
'Oh it's on.' He smirked at you.

The boat came to a halt. 'Woo! Inazuma City!' Heizou put his hands on his hips once he got out of the Waverider. You docked it and simply walked past him, taking out a small note with your new address from Sara. He followed suit, walking behind you, picking up a small flower every now and then.

You reached the house, a small Siheyuan. You turned around to Heizou, who now had a collection of Naku Weed in his hand. 'Where's your house then?' You asked him, hand on hip.
'It's right here?' He pointed at the door. What.
'We are sharing a house?' You asked, face slightly dropping. 'Yep! Cmon roomie, stop dawdling and get inside!' He patted your shoulder which made your stomach slightly twirl. Unlocking the door, you saw a kitchen and dining area and three doors, two on one wall, and one on the other. Heizou ran inside, opening the bedroom doors quickly to see which was the best. 'Awe man, they're the same. Oh well, dibs on this one!' He flopped on the bed and you found yourself slightly laughing. You made your way to the other bedroom and placed down your bag.

'Hey! Heizou!' You shouted from your bedroom. He came speeding in. 'Yeah?'
'Did you actually bring any clothes? All Sara have me was a bunch of mora and the files.' He looked back into his room before poking his head into yours again. His crimson hair falling against his face slightly. 'Yeah no i didn't bring any.' You had only brought one pair pf spare clothes. 'I guess we could go shopping tomorrow? We need food anyways.' You suggested. Looking past Heizou and into the kitchen. He grinned, 'Yes! Oo can we get dango? I love dango...' His eyes seemed to light up. 'Yes we can get dango. I'm going to bed, it's getting late. Goodnight.' You walked up to your door to shut it. 'Night Y/n~' He sang, exiting the room. A sigh escaped your lips. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad?

_____________________________
A/N
Hey you lot xxxxx
not sure why i'm putting an authors note on the second paragraph but we move

thanks to that one person who voted for this fic 🤭😍💖💖💖💖 (still don't know what that means but it must be good)