Him.

As you woke up, you felt Heizou's arms around your waist. You turned to face him and it looked as if he was smiling. You had one of Heizou's shirts on, the one he was going to wear tonight. His toned frame made it hard to look away. You tried to lift yourself up off of the bed, only to get a series of grunts from Heizou, along with him attempting to pull you back down.

'Heizou ive got to get up, we've got to get up.' You didn't really need to, but work had to be done. His eyes fluttered open and looked into yours. He smiled, before it turned into a cheeky smirk. 'I could get used to waking up like this...' He whispered, making your heart dance. You bit the inside of your lip before pushing his face way with one hand, laughing while you tried to stand up from the bed.

It never occurred to you that in the month and a half that the two of you had been dating, you had never slept with one another.

'Get up you..we have work to do.' You gave him a wave before quickly running into your room to get ready.

Heizou finally finished and the two of you left the house. You promised him dango for breakfast if he hurried up.

It was a blessing, but also a curse, that the dango stall was so close to your home. You really had to work if the prices rose any more than they already had. 'Go get some th-oh my..AYAKA?' You shouted, grinning and running up to the blue haired girl. As soon as she heard your voice, she turned and mirrored your expression. 'Y/n? Archons, it's been so long! Look at you!'

The two of you were like sisters. You were two years older, but always hung out ever since your mother passed away. She was the first to hang out with you, the first to sneak out with you and the first to comfort you, she was always there for you just as much as you were always there for her.

You waved Heizou over, who looked nervous with a hint of confusion. 'Ayaka..this is my boyfriend Heizou! Heizou this is..well you know who this is..oh well-' Ayaka shook Heizou's hand and giggled before looking at you with pride in her eyes. Ayato was behind her and turned around once he heard the word 'boyfriend' come into the picture.

'Y/n! I haven't seen you since your birthday! How have you been?' Ayato asked, he always treats you like a younger sister. 'I've been good!' You replied with a bright smile.
Heizou shuffled nervously behind you. You gave him a reassuring smile and held his hand tightly. 'So..boyfriend?' Ayato asked, as if his brotherly instincts were coming through. You dreaded to think how it would be when Ayaka had a partner.

'Brother!' Ayaka glared at him, giving a 'sorry' look to you. You squeezed Heizou's hand and changed the subject. 'So, how about dinner sometime? We really need to catch up.' You smiled to Ayaka who nodded.

Once they left you quickly focused your attention onto Heizou. 'Are you alright? Sorry that must have been weird for you..' You gave him a sad look. 'I'm fine..just kinda confused..' He laughed slightly.

It dawned on you.

Heizou didn't know anything about your past. He didn't know about your mother, about how Yae Miko practically adopted you and how you were going to become a Noblewoman. 'W-What's up?' You asked. You knew what was up, but you were scared. What if Heizou treated you any differently because you were basically the Guuji's daughter. What if he started walking on eggshells around you? What if he was scared?

'How do you know them so well Y/n? That's the Lord Commissioner. I was confused on why he was at your birthday, but i had assumed Yae invited him..what's going on?'

Heizou was a top notch detective. You couldn't fault him for being suspicious. It felt like small needles had started to prick at your heart, letting small pockets of blood out. As if they were building up. Working their way to completely destroy it.

'Heizou..just..come with me.' He has let go of your hand so you began to walk infront of him. You led him to a closed off area, not too far away from the city.

'Y/n..what is going on?' He repeated, sitting down as you did. 'Heizou i didn't want to tell you this because...because i was scared.And i know i can't keep it from you forever but-'
'Y/n..just tell me.' His eyebrows furrowed, making the needles which pierced your heart speed up.

'My mother passed away when i was a teenager. I...she was a well respected Shrine Maiden and was close with Miko. Once she passed...' You felt your throat close up after every breath. 'I was in the care of Yae Miko. I was meant to become a Noblewoman, i was even allowed to work under the Commissioner's name..but i didn't want that. I wanted to work with the detectives. I always did. Not even my mother could sway my decision.' Your eyes watered slightly. You didn't want to look up at Heizou. You weee scared of his reaction. Scared of what he would stay.

'Ayaka was my first friend. Slowly, she became family to me. And i became family to her. I'm glad i have them...if i didn't i don't even know what i'd do.' You finished and looked up at Heizou.

His expression.

His eyes. His lips. His eyebrows.

It was as if your eyes began to blur.

It was blank.

'Oh gods..this...this was what i was scared of..' You whispered. Your heart had talked six foot deep and refused to climb back up. With each breath your throat dried. With each breath your eyes watered. More and more.

'Y/n...what were you scared of?' Heizou whispered as you felt his arms encase your body and pull you in. You took a final breath, allowing him to let you melt. 'That you'd..look at me differently..that you'd see me as someone i don't want to be..' You muttered against his chest. You heard him sigh as he tightened his grip.

'Y/n. Id never look at you any different than how i do now. You're the love of my life. Nothing will change that...' He whispered back, stroking your hair.

________________________________
A/n

oh my god

guys i'm so sorry for how late these updates have been

i am so so sorry

ive been reading the shatter me series and i cannot think of anything else rn

SUMERU ON TUESDAY THOUGH

OH MY GOD I CANT WAIT

xingqui please be in the banner i will cry

anywhos