⁂ Returning ⁂

'Be careful. I'll set minor cases for the two of you until i think it's safe for you to return.' Kujou Sara prepped you both on a bench outside of the medical clinic. You had a small basket of medicine in your right hand. 'We will Sara, thank you.' Heizou replied. She smiled at him. You don't think Heizou has a crush on her right? No, surely not.

She left and you stood up, hands on hips as you waited for Heizou. He smiled at you, the same smile he gave you when he held out his hand in Chinju Forest. The same smile that made your heart burn. He sat up and you carefully made your way down, passing through Ritou.

'Y/n, did you actually wait for me?' He asked, hands in his pockets. Your face tinted a rose colour. 'Maybe~ why? Did you not believe i would?' You pouted at him, crossing your arms. He laughed and mirrored the blush on his face. 'As long as your safe, then i'm alright with it.' He wrapped his arm over your shoulder and brought you in for a side hug. This man is like two inches taller than me, how does he feel so tall right now?

You made your way through the heavily crowded streets of Inazuma City, taking in the well-missed sights. Upon reaching your home, you unlocked it a barged inside. A cool breeze flew into your lungs. You never wanted to leave this place. Not in a million years.

'Heizouuuuu, i'm boreeeeddd~' You groaned, laying in a starfish on your bed. You hear a small snicker, before he arrives at your side, hands on hips. 'You know, you're meant to be the one coming to my aid every minute, not the other way round.' You dramatically gasped, your hand shot onto your chest. 'How could you.' He laughed and rolled his eyes, his arm stretching out towards you. You took it and stood up. He dragged you to the front door and opened it, pulling you out gently. 'cmon, we're getting dinner.'

The sun was beginning to set and you kept getting distracted. Heizou walked backwards, while being directly infront of you. 'Okay so, where do yo-' Your eyes widened at the sight behind him. Before you knew it, Heizou managed to walk directly into the Raiden Shogun. A light laugh tried to sneak it's way from your lips, but up remained calm, grasping Heizou's hand and pulling him to your side. 'I am so sorry, tru- AETHER? What are you doing here?' Your mood changed as he gave a warm smile. The Shogun just gave a blank stare, as if nothing was wrong. 'Turns out, after the Vision Hunt Decree ended, i made a new friend.' He gave a thumbs up as your brow knitted in confusion. 'When did that end?' You queeried, your hand still unknowingly on Heizou's. 'Oh a few days ago, have you not heard?' You shook your head.

Aether looked to Heizou, before looking down and noticing your hands. A smirk grew onto his face before he quickly said goodbye and ushered the Shogun away.

'Uh Y/n, you're kinda still holding my hand.' Heizou said calmly. You threw your head down and pulled away your hand to grab your face in embarrassment. 'Oh my god, i am so so sorry-' you muffled, hands still over your face. Heizou peeled back your hands, before smiling. 'You get cute when you're embarrassed. Come on, i know where we can go.' You only just realised what he had said, and it made your face heat up even more.

Heizou took you to a small kitchen bar, called Kiminami Restaurant. He pulled out a stool and showed you the menu.

Heizou ordered the 'The Only Truth' What a weird name for a meal. You ordered the Slow-cooked Bamboo Shoot Soup. A recipe commonly known in Liyue.

'I can't believe the Vision Hunt decree is over.' You chatted with Heizou. 'I know, guess you miss it when you're in a coma.' You nudged his arm before the Chef spoke up. 'Oh! Are you two that couple in the Medical Centre? My son was there, telling me all about this woman waiting for a man in a coma. I'm glad to see you well.' He said, his voice was old and croaky. Shaking your hands in the air, you denied every accusation. You felt a pair of eyes on you, a smirk paired with them too.

Once served, you looked at Heizou's meal and your mouth started to water. 'Oh my god..that looks amazing!' You exclaimed. He smiled and took a piece of chicken with his chopsticks, blowing on it to make sure it was cool. He held his hand under the food and brought it too your mouth. You grinned and rolled your eyes, before taking the Katsu chicken. You took your spoon and did the same, scooping up a portion of soup and feeding him with it. You watched his eyes as he took the bite. Damn you were smitten over this man.

After paying, you took Heizou's hand and brought him to a purple tree. The same giant tree where you first hung out. If anything, this tree knew how you both felt.

You sat down and dragged him down with you. 'The moon is beautiful, isn't it?..' He gazed up at the stars. That phrase meant something, you knew it, you just couldn't figure out what it was.

You looked up and saw, what looked like, millions of constellations in the sky.

The moon really was beautiful tonight.

In both Heizou's eyes, and yours.

________________________________
A/n

okay you guys do NOT understand how much i appreciate all of the love this fic is getting

you guys mean so so much to me it's unreal!!! <3

also, i'm praying you lot know what 'the moon is beautiful, isn't it' means because other wise i will cry