⁂ Dead End ⁂

Heizou's POV

Beidou sent the Crux Fleet back to Inazuma the next day. Supplies were in demand and she couldn't preserve them for much longer. She requested that Kazuha inform the Tenryou Commission while he's there.

I felt defeated. It had been less than a day, yet all of my energy has dissolved. Ningguang payed for the hotel room for as long as i stayed.

I haven't left the room once. Beidou knocked on my door around an hour ago, but never came in.

I was tired. Not a single idea came into my head. I had an incline to those ruins, but i had never been to Liyue, i had no clue what they were.

I felt guilty.

I deserved this. Not her.

Wherever she was, i knew she wouldn't have gone voluntarily.

Wherever she was.

Y/n's POV

Childe and Dottore left. It was as if your guard began to fall down. Everything hurt.

Looking around, nothing could help. If i was a catalyst..i would have been out of here by now.

You shook your head as the stinging pain continued.

He room was practically pitch black, except for the violet glow of your vision.

As you looked down to the metal chains which tied you to the chair, you thought of your sword. If i could use the metal..almost as a conductor..no. It wouldn't work..

The metal looked almost identical to white iron. If it happened to be iron, then surely you could create a high enough voltage to create a spark, burning the wood.

The wood could be broken. If the wood snapped, there could be a big enough gap.

Using your left hand, you held the chain with your index and middle finger. You prayed for every archon to be on your side.

Beidou's POV

My heart broke for both Y/n and Heizou. If i hadn't have interfered, they'd be safe.

Seeing Heizou in this state was painful. 'Heizou..come back to Inazuma. The Millelith have been informed by Ningguang about Y/n's disappearance. If you come to Inazuma-'

'You're giving up already? It's been a day. And you're already giving up?' Heizou shouted from the hotel room. I knew it was tough, but the Tenryou commission in Inazuma could help him.

I sighed. I knew i'd have to do something about him soon, i just needed an ounce of time.

Heizou's POV

Childe. He was seemingly close to Y/n. If anything, she might have bumped into him.

I raced outside of the hotel room after Beidou walked away. She saw me running and followed, a few metres behind.

I needed to get an answer from him. If he was innocent or not, i needed to know.

Something felt off about Childe when he first saw Y/n. They knew eachother for a year before he left to Snezhnaya.

Snezhnaya. Infamous for its Fatui Organisation.

It wasn't hard to spot him once i left the hotel. He stood out with his large coat and uncommon ginger hair.

He didn't seem suspicious, but my intuition thought otherwise.

I wasn't far away from him, and as soon as he turned to look at me, i saw red.

It was as if something had taken over me.

I punched him around the face, earning a look of disgust from the ginger as he stumbled back.
My face scrunched up at the look of him and i just kept punching anywhere i could reach.

Childe tell to the floor and i felt a pair of arms tug me away. I tried to fight them, but heard Beidou's voice calling out for me to stop.

I let everything go at once.My hands stung as i looked at the man. I looked over his body, for anything.

His vision glowed in an odd manner. I looked at mine before looking back at his. It was dimmer than the other vision.

'A delusion..'

The words pieces together as i saw Childe's eyes widen.

The Fatui at the ruins. The Fatui delusion on Childe. The way the ruins were practically calling out for me. It all made sense.

Y/n's POV

It sparked.

A glimmer of hope flew into your heart as you saw a small flame burn the wood. The heat on your hand was excruciating, but knew it could be worth it. Trying to move your hand, you felt the chains loosen ever so slightly.

Until they fell completely. The noise echoed of each wall, making your heart stop.

Acting on instinct, you pretended to scream in pain. If the people outside heard you screaming, surely they'd only imagine you to be in pain. Not on the edge of escape.

You stretched your hand and pulled of the chains on your right. You tried to loosen them, but they only widened a little. Holding the chains with one hand and twisting the other, you felt a slight moment where your hand felt lighter. You tugged it back.

Your hands were free.

Your heart beat with adrenaline. You took of your shoes before repeating the process with your legs.

You stood up and felt every pain on every join.
You couldn't think of that now though. You scanned the room of any type of weapon. Something caught your eye near your feet.

Dottore's dagger.

It wasn't sharp enough to cut through wood. but could definitely be used to injure someone.

Everything was going in a straight line. Everything was perfect.

You hugged the wall as you looked for an exit. The door was hidden so well, it took multiple tries to find it.

You felt a tug at your waist and noticed a handle. Not only that, but it was moving.

You moved to the right as the door swung open.

________________________________
A/n

super super sorry for that late update guys!!!! literally just been playing the heizou hang out quest

i'm getting pissed off at these so i might just get rid

what do u thinkskkk

anywhos

BYEEE