⁂ Qixing ⁂

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! THIS FIC IS #1 ON THE SHIKANOIN HEIZOU TAG AND #47 ON THE DETECTIVE TAG!!!! ILY GUYS SO SO MUCH AAAAA
_____________________________

'We should be allowed in, right?' You both stared up to the Jade Chamber. The Millelith were positioned everywhere. Walking up to a man who seemed to be of high status, you felt their eyes all over you. 'Hello, we are here for Lady Ningguang? I'm sure she's been informed of our meeting?' You tried to sound polite and noble. 'I'm sorry- ah! Traveller!' The guard's attention was now on someone behind you.

'Aether? What are you doing here?' You asked, smiling at him. 'I came to pay the Lady a visit, you?' He replied.
'Us too! We're here on a case..do you know if you could get us up there?' You nodded to the floating Chamber. 'I'm sure i could lend a hand' Aether smiled at you. 'And how are you Heizou? It's definitely been a while!' Aether was always so lively. 'I'm..good, thank you.' Heizou replied. The silence couldn't have lasted more than a second, but it felt like forever. 'Okay then! Please, follow me!'

Aether took the two of you to a quieter area. 'Alright. Because you two can't teleport, we will have to use this method.' Aether cracked his knuckles before releasing three small tornadoes. You glanced at Heizou, but to your surprise, he seemed to be in awe.

Suddenly, three gushes of wind took you by surprise. 'Okay. So, i'm going to need you to stand underneath these wind tunnels. Then, just jump.' You have Aether and Heizou a confused expression. Heizou's face was in awe. His eyes glistened at the anemo energy. 'Come on!' Heizou pulled you along to a tunnel.

With one swift nod, Heizou ascended into the air just above the Jade Chamber. 'What the...' He then plunged down onto the stage and beckoned you to come up. You jumped once, before a sudden gust of wind swept you off your feet, and you felt as if you were flying over Liyue. Similarly, Aether flew up aswell. You copied Heizou and plunged down. Millelith began to surround you, before seeing Aether. They immediately backed away. 'Is that all?' Aether asked, smiling at the two of you. 'Yes, thank you!' You then brushed yourself off and headed to the entrance.

'This is so fancy..' Heizou looked around at the doors. 'They're here for Lady Ningguang.' Aether exclaimed, the Millelith guards stepped away and let you by. Giving a thumbs up to Aether, you were finally inside the Jade Chamber. 'This is incredible...' Both you and Heizou said in sync.

'And what business do you have here?' A loud voice echoes through the walls. Turning to your left, you saw an elegant woman dressed in white, black and accented gold. 'Lady Ningguang. We are here for a case, has the Tenryou Commission informed you upon this?' You asked, bowing. You nudged Heizou to bow, and he complied. 'A case? From Inazuma?' Hee puzzled expression gave you a perfect answer. 'I see.. here. Take a look.' Heizou handed the file over to the woman and let her read through it. 'Ah. Would you please follow me?' She gave a pleasant smile and leaded you to an open dining area.

Pouring three cups of freshly brewed tea, Lady Ningguang smiled and shook her head. 'Now, I've been contacted by both the Crux Fleet and The Tenryou Commission. I was informed of your whereabouts, and your 'reason' to be arriving at the Jade Chamber. I would just like to say, this was planned. Quite frankly, i'm surprised you didn't notice this..being detectives and all.' She took a sip of tea, smiling from behind her cup.

'What do you mean planned? There was a case file..saying you last a necklace?' Heizou asked, looking at you with a puzzled face. 'Well..when the shipment of case files came to your house last week, Kujou sara had...tampered with them. She replaced each one with a boring case. Lost key, lost flower pot.. and then placed in this case here.' She pointed to the file on the table. It all sunk in. 'So..Sara wanted us here? Why? Pretty unprofessional...'
'Did you not notice how quick Beidou and her ship were here. How easy it was to come to Liyue. This is not a case, it is a holiday. A vacation.' Lady Ningguang laughed at your shared expression. 'Why couldn't she have just told us?' Heizou asked.
'Well, what's the fun in that?' Ningguang replied. You bit your lip. Sara is playing match maker. Yae Miko joined in, and now we are in Liyue on a surprise vacation.

'Okay..if everything has been answered, i have work to get back to. Now! Enjoy yourselves!' Ningguang practically pushed you out of the door.

Aether waited for you. You couldn't help but think that he also had something to do with this, but, you did need him to get down. 'Okay Aether. How on Teyvat do we get down?' Heizou looked over the edge. 'Like so..' And with that, he jumped off. You just stood in awe, before you saw him plunge into the ground. 'See! Not a scratch!' Aether shouted up to the two of you. 'Eh, what the heck. Come on!' Heizou jumped off first, before plunging down.

You built up courage before running and jumping off. A second passed before you managed to dig your sword into the ground. 'Thank you Aether!' You waved as he walked off.

'Okay..what just happened.' You started, looking straight at Heizou. 'I don't know but i am not complaining! Come on!' Heizou began to liven up. You smiled, your heart was melting so much that there would be nothing left of it.

The marketplace was as busy as ever. You felt like a kid in a candy store, looking at every piece of artwork, trinket and crystal. 'Oh my god Heizou this necklace is beautiful..' You whispered in awe. Looking up to your right, you saw Heizou smiling a little at you. He looked down at the necklace. 'It really is. Come on, let's go get food.' He dragged you to Wanmin restaurant.

The aroma of spices and herbs filled the air. You gazed at the menu, before deciding on the Grilled Tiger Fish. Heizou got the Chicken and Mushroom Skewer. The wait for the food wasn't long, so you just decided to wait at the bar. 'Here you are!' Chef Mao grinned. You handed him over some Mora before taking a bite of the Tiger fish. 'This is to die for..come on! Try some!' You held your palm under the Skewer and offered a bite to Heizou. He smiled and took a bite, before his eyes widened. 'This is incredible!'

The whole interaction reminded you of Inazuma and the Dango. You smiled, knowing your face was probably a bright pink by now.

The sun was already at the Horizon, and you were busy looking at market stalls. 'Hey, Heizou!' Looking around, you couldn't seem to find him at all. 'How come i always loose you?' You muttered to yourself. Out of nowhere, a pair of hands covered your eyes. 'Huh?'
'Guess who!'
'Heizou, i know your voice.'
'Ugh..ruins the fun.'
He dropped his hands and spun you around. 'where were you?' You asked, narrowing your eyes as you tried to read him. 'I was just looking around' A cheeky grin resided on his face. 'I don't believe you one bit.' Shaking your head, you grabbed his hands and took him to the harbour wall.

The sea was calm, unlike Inazuma. It felt like a century since you last came here, but it still felt like home. You swung your feet over the ledge and looked down, noticing small fish dotted around.

'When you said you'd wait for me, did you mean that?' You glanced at Heizou, who's attention was now on you.

'Of course i did. I'll always wait for you.' He smiled. You let out a breath of air you didn't even know you were holding.

You were ready. You just didn't know how to express that.

It was weird, you had never been like this around anyone. Something about Heizou just warmed your heart. Wherever you went, you always felt safe with him.

You realised it wasn't Liyue that made you feel at home. It was Heizou.

________________________________
A/n

i'm worried that if i make them date, the plot line will get boring -_-

anywhos

i have nothing to say #speechless