⁂ Catching on ⁂

'Huh, i never had to use my dango' You said to Heizou as the two of you walked out of the station. 'Guess that means it's mine~' He bites he skewer out of your hand leaving you stunned, but as he runs of, you decide to run after him. 'Get back here!' You shout. He stops and narrows his eyes at you. 'Or what?' You pint and put your hands on your hips. He bites off the second mochi as you stare at him. He walks forward and hold out the last one. 'Here' He holds the skewer over his palm and you bite it off, still staring at him.

'So..what's happening here?' A sultry voice echos over the glares of you and Heizou. 'Miko! It's you! I uh- nothings happening! I haven't seen you in so long, how are..how are you?' You mention, trying to steer away the obvious focus. 'Ha..alright then. I'm doing well. And who may this be?' She turns her attention to Heizou. His face is a bit flustered, but overall looks pretty ho- content. 'Shikanoin Heizou, pleased to finally meet you.' Heizou announces, holding out his hand for her to shake. She, as always, shakes it elegantly. 'Look after Y/n for me, alright? I must go now. Good day to you two..lovebirds.' She muttered the end so you couldn't quite hear.

On the way back home, you call out the obvious elephant in the room. 'So uh..what happens now? Do we just go back to the encampment?' You ask him. You sense a side of insecurity in his voice as he speaks. 'I'm not sure...'
'Is it weird that i don't want this case to end?' You ask, glancing at him every-so-slightly. 'No, i agree...maybe there's a way we can find another case to work on in Inazuma city?' Heizou theorises, opening the door and finding a small letter through the postbox. 'What's this?' He picks up the letter and reads the address.

'Shikanoin Heizou and Y/l/n Y/n'

He carefully opens the letter as you lock the door. Reading it out, you see yourself attracting your attention to his voice. The way everything pieces together, the higher notes, the lower notes.

'Y/n! We are being stationed in inazuma city!' He announces, pulling you into an unexpected hug. You latch onto high an laugh, slightly burrowing your head in his shoulder. 'This is crazy!' You exclaim, pulling away as he does. Looking into his eyes, you feel a sense of security and..something else. 'All we need to do is meet with Sara at Komore tea house tomorrow at 2pm. This is amazing!' He pumps his arms in the air and smiles. The butterflies in your stomach keep doing backflips.

After several hours, the sun has finally set. On the terrace of your house, you are watching out over Inazuma's streets while a chilly breeze passes by your face. 'Hey, do you mind if I join? you?'As you nod and pat the seat next to him, Heizou slides open the door and smiles. 'Was that flower always there?' He asks, pointing down at a little flowerbed that is blooming next to the balcony. 'I'm actually not sure,'  When you pick it, you notice it to be a purple honeysuckle. Heizou removes it from your hands after you have shown him. He cleans it up after removing a portion of the stem, then reaches behind your head and gently wedges it behind your ear. You feel your cheeks heat up to a slight pink colour, and Heizou realises this aswell. He looks at the honeysuckle for a short while. Maybe this flower signifies something that you aren't sure of?

You wake up and look to your side. 'I can't remember going to sleep last night..' You see a short vase with a purple honeysuckle inside. You smile and get yourself out of bed.

___________Heizou's POV____________

<last night>

Silence drowns out my thoughts as i turn to see Y/n gently resting her head on my shoulder. 'Not again..' I laugh, moving some hair out of her face. I remove her head from my shoulder and quietly pick her up, bridal style. Her head leans into my chest and i feel myself melting all over again. I carry her to her room and take out the flower which rested in her hair. I leave for just a second before returning with a vase, filled with water. I place the flower inside before taking on last look at her. She makes my heart burst.

I close her door and lock up the house. I am so happy we aren't going back any time soon. So so happy.

_____________Y/n's POV____________

You take a shower and get dressed. Heizou is already up and the two of you are planning to go to Komore Teahouse early to get some food. Looking at a small clock on the wall, the hand ticks to 12pm. How long was i asleep?

Its not a long walk to the teahouse, and the endless chatter makes it even quicker. As you arrive, a woman takes you to your seat after being greeted by a tall, blonde man. 'The food sounds so goo-' Heizou is cut off by the sound of a familiar voice. 'I see the two of you decided to come here early aswell,' Looking to your right, you see Kujou sara smiling. 'Unless i'm interrupting something?' She raises one eyebrow and your face goes bright red. She pulls up a chair as you and Heizou deny every accusation. 'Alright alright. So, i'm glad you got my letter, and yes i am intrigued about how well the two of you work together, that i'd like to place you in the Inazuma Police centre. There's so much more crime here, and it allows you to reach your full potential.' She smiles, looking at your massive grin on your face. Heizou is smiling widely aswell, you look over to him and his smile increases. 'Wait..how do you know about us working so well together?' Heizou asks. She smiles again and continues. 'I've been working silently with a certain Guuji. Your face blushes harder. You know Yae miko will twist somethings..especially after seeing how the two of you interacted with her earlier.

________________________________

A/n

i love this chapter so much oh my god i am smitten

also PLEASE search up the meaning of a honeysuckle

okay cya later slags