Past regrets

'It feels so..simple now, don't you think?' You turned your attention to Heizou who was dangling his legs off of the harbour. 'What do you mean?' He replied, eating his final piece of his Dango. 'Well you know, you've been trying so hard for god-knows how many weeks, just to try and win me over..and now you have and it's just..done..' You looked down at the silky water. The sky was a dark purple, almost black.  'our story isn't over..right?' You completed your sentence. 'Y/n, of course not. We have so much to look forward towards. Besides, my feelings for you will never change. Not once.' He held to ur hand tightly, smiling while staring into your eyes.

You always felt calm whenever Heizou reassured you. His words flowed just like the ocean below you. You didn't want to mess anything up. If things could just stay as they are, you wouldn't feel that recognisable loss. Not again.

'Y/n? Are you alright?' Heizou whispered to you. 'Oh..yeah..yes. Im perfect. This has been an amazing birthday, the best to be honest..' You smiled and Heizou laughed before lightly kissing your lips.

The walk home was as if the two of you had been together for a millennia. Heizou's hand brushed past yours a few times. He wasn't usually this nervous, but it seemed that is confidence had completely flown out of the window around you. You decided to take the plunge and interlock your fingers with his. You looked up at Heizou, and he looked slightly downwards. His eyes always seemed to glisten when we he looked at you. Always.

Once you reached home, you rushed into your bedroom and changed into your pyjamas. You brushed your teeth and walked past Heizou's room. You knew he was probably asleep by now, but a thought came into your head. You quickly, yet quietly, opened the door to see darkness. You approached his bed, expecting to see him under the mountainous duvet. Instead, you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and pull you around and onto your back. 'H-Heizou!' You yelped, laughing. You knew it was him, from the way he laughed to the way his arms fit perfectly around you.

'What are you doing here~' He whispered in your ear. 'I just came to make sure you weren't..dead...' You lied. You were clearly there to scare him into cuddling with you, but he didn't have to know that. 'Oh really?' He muttered, making your hairs stick on their ends. 'Y-yup..'
'Well you're not leaving now, i'm comfy' He lay on his side and you turned yo look up into his eyes. 'I can feel you staring, you know..' He whispered once more. You just laughed before replying with a Goodnight, and resting your forehead on his chest.

Yep. This is perfect.

The next day, you had received an invitation to meet with Yae Miko at her publishing house for some tea. You were sure there was more to it, but decided to go anyways. Heizou wrapped his arm around your waist before kissing your temple as the two of you left. The spring was in bloom, and sakura trees were blossoming. It was still relatively cold, but that didn't matter. Heizou was like a human radiator.

Upon reaching the publishing house, you saw a very eager Yae Miko rush up to you. It wasn't often she was like this, but it was always accepted nonetheless. 'You two are adorable! Come in! Come in!' She ushered the two of you in and took your jackets, before guiding you to a beautiful, bleached table. 'So..i'd just like to start this off with..i'm very happy for you. For the both of you.' She smiled at you with a nurturing look. You remembered that look from when you were younger, reminding you of so many memories.

The three of you chatted for a while before Heizou excused himself from the table. 'M-Miko..i..i'm scared.' You expressed, after a few seconds of silence. 'Y/n..what?' She leant forwards with an act of concern. 'What if i ruin everything and loose him..like..last time.' You looked to where Heizou had gone to. 'Y/n, dear, what happened with your mother was not your fault. You couldn't help with the timing. And i know..this' She gestured to you and the empty space beside you, 'will work.'

Flashback (weeewooweeewooo)

It was as if everything had stopped at once.

First thing you knew was that you had an argument with your mother, next thing you knew you were staying with Yae Miko and attending your first funeral.

Everything was quiet.

As if everyone and everything had just stopped.

All of the guilt you felt lay like three tonnes of brick piled ontop of you.

If only you hadn't had stormed off, your mother wouldn't have had to come looking for you. She wouldn't have been attacked by Ronin. She would have been safe. She would have been safe. Safe.

Present

You loved Miko like a mother, but she wasn't her. You were fifteen when your mother died. Fifteen.

You needed her the most, and it was your fault that you couldn't have her. You couldn't fault Yae Miko, not one bit. She taught you everything you know. She made you who you were today, but she didn't have a motherly presence. You never called her 'Mother, Mom, Mum'

She introduced you into a life. You weren't sure if it was truly what you wished for. She introduced you to the Kamisatios, to the Kujou Clan and even to the Shogun herself, but you knew you weren't meant for the noble life.

It was a hard decision. But that night you told Yae Miko what you wanted, you didn't regret a single thing. She wasn't mad, she wasn't disappointed, she was accepting. Miko wished for children, but your life was already starting. And with a few ounces of your mothers influence, you knew you didn't want to be noble. What you wanted was to be a detective.

And it was the best choice.

If not, you wouldn't have met Heizou.

________________________________
A/n

little bit of Y/n backstory tee hee

update on the whole situation with my friend and the dude

yeah i got the ick

LMFAO

anyways

heizou is forever and always

anywhos