⁂ Liyue ⁂

'Y/n? Wake up..we're here..' A soft voice whispered in your ear.

You opened your eyes, looking around. You noticed Heizou crouching down next to you. 'Wait.We're in Liyue! We're in Liyue!' You jumped straight out of bed and ran around the room, skipping, jumping, everything. 'We're in Liyue!' Heizou joined in, jumping around.

Air was filled with laughter. You took your bag and entered the bathroom to prepare. 'Hmph..what to wear today..' You mumbled. Liyue was sunny all year long. Whether it was July or January didn't matter.

After deciding on an outfit, you brushed your teeth and waited for Heizou outside his room.

This dude takes forever.

He finally opens his door and steps outside after what seemed like an eternity of waiting. You pretended not to remember what had happened the previous night because you didn't want there to be any awkwardness between the two of you.

'Beidou! Thank you, thank you, thank you!' Once you reached the docks, you grinned at the captain and expressed your gratitude to her. 'Hey, kid, it's fine. You're free to come back anytime.' Heizou thanked Beidou, and you were off.

Liyue Harbour was mesmerising. People moved about, shops sold elaborate jewellery and trinkets, while customers sought to barter down prices. You decided to pluck up your last strand of courage and cut the overwhelming tension in the air. You couldn't tell if it was only you who felt the pressure, but either way, it was excruciating. 'Uhm..i'm sorry. About last night, i didn't mean to leave you unanswered-'
'Y/n? Y/n Y/L/N?' A voice echoed over yours. Whipping your head around, you saw an over whelmingly tall male smiling at you. 'I'm sorry i don't know- wait... Childe?'

Since your third year of law school, you hadn't seen him. You refused to believe that he had returned to Snezhnaya as a transfer student. 'Oh, I see you do remember me!' He exclaimed.
You hurried over to the redhead and gave him a giant hug while flashing a broad smile. 'It feels like ages ago!' You backed away and looked him up and down. 'And now you're like 20 foot taller than me..' He only grinned and laughed. 'So, then, who is this?' Childe gave Heizou a warm nod. The dull expression in Heizou's eyes caught your attention. 'Oh! It's Heizou. Heizou, this is Childe. Childe, this is Heizou.'
He stuck out his hand to Heizou as you introduced him as Childe. Heizou reluctantly accepted it and gave Childe a quick visual check. 'Y/n, don't we have stuff to do?' Heizou asked impatiently. 'I guess so..but i'll definitely see you around Childe!' You waved goodbye as you tried to catch up with Heizou. Childe waved back with a smirk on his face.

The walk to the hotel you would be staying at consisted of you teasing Heizou. 'Wait..did you get jealous? Oh my god..this is hilarious..' Heizou just turned a deep shade of red. 'Awe..you did! Hey come on, i don't have a thing purely for red heads. Well..there is that one bartender in Mondstadt..' You teased. Heizou narrowed his eyes and looked at you. 'Guess we are never going to Mondstadt then!' Heizou smirked, looking at your face. 'Oh, are you going to finish your question?' Heizou changed the subject. Before you could answer, a food stall caught your eye. 'Oh my god. Chop Suey.' Pulling Heizou's hand, you dragged him over to the Vendor.

'Two servings of Chop Suey please!' You handed over 13,200 Mora and smiled at the Lady serving you.

The food was served in no time, and you quickly ushered Heizou to dig in. His eyes lit up at the taste. 'Oh my god..this is amazing!' He exclaimed. 'I know right?' You practically hoovered up your food.

Once Heizou was finished, you finally reached the Hotel. Heizou spoke to the receptionist as you silently prayed in your head that Kujou Sara hadn't booked in advance. You know what she was like, she definitely would pick a room with only one bed.

And with that, you were on an elevator, overlooking the views of Liyue Harbour. You had your shared room key in your hand, making sure not to drop it.

The elevator bell chimed and you reached your assigned floor. 'Alright, room 109. Lets go!' You skipped down the hallway, making Heizou carry your bag.

Unlocking your door, your worst nightmare came true.

A spider lay on the floor, as if it was ready to attack. 'Oh my God. Nope. Not today.' Heizou seemed to have the same reaction as you and hid behind a plant pot. 'Okay uhm..do you have a cup?'
'Why on Teyvat would i have a fucking cup?' He hissed, not daring to look at the spider.

As if on cue, a tall man, embellished with gold walked by. Upon seeing both You and Heizou in distress, he furrowed a brow. 'What's going on- oh. Do you guys need help?' He asked, looking at the spider. Both you and Heizou nodded. With one swift move, he summoned a pole arm and gently used the end to pick up the spider, before throwing it out the window. 'Ouch. Brutal.' You whispered, standing up.
'Thank you sir!' The man nodded and walked off. 'Tough crowd, huh?'

You placed your bag on the bed. Thank god there were two. Well..maybe it would have been a blessing in disguise. 'Alright then! Case time' Heizou smirked and pulled out the file.

Upon reading it, you realised you would probably have to head to the Jade Chamber. If you could even get in.

________________________________
A/n

i'm pretty pleased with this chapter ngl

only one bed trope? no.

i do love that trope though 🤭🤭🤭

heizou hates spiders and that is A FACT.

well no it's not- it's a head cannon, but STILL.

i will die on this hill (is that the saying?)

anyways, at this point i'm just trying to reach 1k words tbh