Part 4. The day we crossed pt.1

It was Friday already. Im driving to office with the super-excited vibe.
Yesterday one of designers I work in one room with, Kira, told she has a birthday today, and all of us secretly decided to make a surprise. We all remember how crashed she was when both her parents died last year, and she left all alone. It might hurt her to have a lonely birthday, so our mission was called "Save the birthday!"

Everyone has a task, mine was to make a cake. I'm not really good in baking so i made my best cake - oreo cheesecake. It was strange to cook it for someone, but it turned out even greater then when I did it for myself.

When I came in room, everyone was ready: the confetti forces has took their positions, balloons were flying all over the room, everyone has the birthday-hats as uniform, so I put the captain Cake on his place and we started our mission.

When Kira opened the door she seemed down for a second, but when we started to sing "happy birthday" and threw the confetti in the air her smile became so shining, that we all started to cry as greeting her.
That was the first time we were celebrating someone's birthday here.

I hope this would be our good tradition.

We decided to do our work faster then ever, so we are free by 5 pm, when the managers usually leave on Friday. Then we'll eat a cake and have some fun together. She mentioned that she has a date at the evening, we all nodded and smirked, and started our workday.
Time flew fast. At 5 pm I went to check the managers offices upstairs, and convinced that nobody's there. Kira cut the cake, we bought only juice and cola, since alcohol is restricted in the office.

That was only an hour, but we all did get along. We were working here not knowing anything about each other, and now we were talking and joking like old friends. We couldn't get enough, but it was already time for Kira to go. She changed her clothes for a date, and looked beautiful, we thanked her for giving us such a nice reason to become closer with each one. She thanked us for a great day and headed out.

We started cleaning up, and joked even more then before. Everyone looked like high or something, as we couldn't stop laughing, so it made the process of cleaning the room really long. Everyone left one by one, I was the last one. I locked our room and left too.

That was amazing, next time we should go somewhere outside the office. Maybe some picnic?

*Mikey's POV*
It was Friday, so everyone of the Bonten management was getting ready to spend the weekend all fun.
I arrived at my place by midday and took a shower. I'm rarely here, but if I want to bring a girl in here i should clean a bit this house.

I'll order a cleaning on Monday. I'm sure she won't come here in next few days.

It was 4 pm, I took my car and went to her office. I wasn't sure if she can leave earlier on Friday, but, just in case...

What if she would be with Mitsuya?

5 pm, I'm near the office, looking right on the entrance. People are slowly leaving the building. I have went out from my car and moved closer, so I can catch her. The waiting is getting long, I'm slowly becoming pissed off.

What if she has a day-off, or if she sick? Maybe she's not here, and I'm just standing here like a bumbass.

While I was thinking about it, I saw Mitsuya leaving the building alone.

So... she isn't here? Or... why do I think they are together, anyway. I've haven't seen them kissing or something... and why he didn't pick her up after the accident? I know she left on a taxi.
F**k, he have seen me... I don't want to explain anything right now, please, Mitsuya, don't come here.

I was thinking it very loud in my head and, surprisingly, Mitsuya haven't heard my thoughts.

- Am I seeing a ghost, or is that you, Mikey? - he said looking all serious.
- Yes, I'm totally alive and real, - I stretched my hand hiding my feelings and we handshaked.
- So, what are you doing here all of a sudden, Mikey?
- I'm not going to tell you.12 years ago, I did a right choise [no it wasn't the right one]. I know all of the Toman members got a happy life, don't ruin it. [If this is really my chance, we'll probably talk it out later]
- Mikey... you're a jerk, but I believe you have a huge ass reason to say me all of this, when I accidentally see you 12 years later. Have a nice whatever, - he turned his back and went away.

So he heard my thoughts, I believe it, our bonds haven't weakened.

I was already 7:30, it seemed that everyone left the building already. I heard some laughing from the window, turned my head up and iy saw her. She always has her hair braided, but tonight it wasn't. Beautiful hair of [insert your] colour has been waiving on the wind. She had a smile on her face, I think they have some party there.

I decided to stay, anyway. She would be in a nice mood, and that would work better, because our two previous meetings were confusing, and I think she's afraid of me now. I scared her at least twice by now, and stupid Ran teased her.

I saw a bunch of people leaving the building, I suppose it was her colleagues.
"I didn't even knew she is so funny. And her jokes and memes, I could laugh my ass out forever"
"And she's pretty, btw, you should keep your eye on her"

My heart pounded. She's mine, keep your eyes and your hands off her... wait, I shouldn't think like that, until I know her opinion.

"Naah, I don't think I'm her type."
"Who knows, she has changed this suddenly... Anyway, you'll never know if you're her type, if you never approach her"

Fuck it, I'm kicking his ass right here and right now.

Just when I was about leave my position to run after then, I saw her leaving the building. She was in a mid-length beige dress, and a black leather jacket. That combo gave her some badass look, totally different from what I've seen in the window. I moved towards her, so she can see me coming. I don't want to scare her again.

- Boo! - I said after coming close enough.
- Whaah! - she sarcastically pretend to scream, - What's up, ghost?
[Ghost? Do I look like one?! I should care of myself better.]
- I want to talk to you.
- Umm, yea we can, like, walk around, if you want.

We started a silent walk.

- What's your name?, - I still haven't knew it, and I was ashamed to ask.
- Um, you haven't asked your braided friend?
- I'm double ashamed.
- Nice to meet you, Double Ashamed, I'm Y/N, - she chuckled.
- What?

Suddenly her face became worried.

- I-im sorry if it's sounded bad...
- No, - I cut her off, - that was nice one.

We walked silently again. I cannot pick my words to give a proper apology, what a shame. I was the one who wanted to talk, but words are stuck in my throat.

- Aren't you hungry? - she asked - I have two pieces of cheesecake left...
I nodded, - Let's go to a park by the river.
- But the river is far, - she said, looking somewhere distantly.
- I'll ride us.
- Um, but my scooter is here, I don't want to leave it for weekend.
- We can take it... - she suddenly stood right in front of me.

She is really close, I can feel her breathe. It's... shaking, she is scared again.

Before I could open my mouth she began to talk silently but with her lowest possible voice:
- Look, I don't give a clue what's on your mind, Dorayaki-boy, but I'm not as brainless as Ran thinks. I understand that you're one of that dangerous gang, I saw the photo in the news, and you related to Haitani, I know them since childhood, and they were violent brats from the beginning, that's my first assumption. My second assumption, is that those idiots thought I wanted to kill them on that road, but I didn't, I gave my apologies and stood against their teasing, that's enough for a couple of scratches on their motorcycles. And the third assumption, is that you understand that now I know your people in face and your place for gathering, that's why I'm dangerous and you'll try to kill me. So if I'll seat in this car, there is only one way it will ride me - out of this damn world - she huffed.

She looks so determined outside, but I definitely feel her shaking breathe. I'm holding a pause proceeding what she said. [Well, 2 out of 3 is not a bad result. Should I praise her or tease now?]
----------------------------------------------------