Part 19. Revealing the truth.

Now I'm lying in my room, having no intention to sleep. My brain replays everything that happened to me tonight and I'm just enjoying this memories...

[I wonder if he is also like this now. He wanted to sleep with me, but it's better to keep a little distance for now, until I'm ready...]

My phone notified me about a message, it was Mikey. I wanted to pretend asleep and leave it unread, but in a minute or two I surrender and opened it.

Mikey 😮‍💨
I want to see you, now.

You:
Something's wrong? I was about to fall asleep...

Mikey 😮‍💨
Yes, I need to see you.

[Omg, what's wrong with this man?!]

I recalled his screams back then when he was sleeping today, so I sighed and went to the window. Mikey was on the balcony, in his sweatpants only. His pale skin is shining under the moonlight - totally stunning view. He looked upset, so I came closer and hugged him.

- Manjiro, what happened?
- That dream again, where I'm loosing you.
- Oh... - I started stroking his back with the tip of my fingers, - hey, all the negative events you are thinking about are going to happen, you know?

He nodded and hugged me tighter.

- Manjiro, let's talk it out... why are you afraid of it so badly?
- I don't want to talk about it with you...
- Is this your past?..
- I SAID... - he tried to rise his voice, but I cut him off immediately.
- Don't. even. try. to raise your voice on me. - I said angrily, and it made both of us to release the hug.

He looked at me confused, and I was still angry. One of the things I disgust in males is rising their voice on a woman.

- Y/n, I'm sorry, - he said and took my hands, - not here.

He took me to another room that was downstairs in another part of the penthouse, I have never been to before.

I assume that it was some kind of office. Maybe he feels more comfortable to talk in here. It's wise to leave all the hard talks neatly locked in this walls.

We placed on the black couch in front of his table. Mikey took a glass and poured a whiskey.

- Y/n, I have lost a lot of people on my way... - he drank the portion in one gulp and poured another one, - if I loose you, that would be the end for me. If you understand what I mean.
- Yes, I think I do... - I said, as I hugged his sitting form and leaned my head on his shoulder.

He told me everything about his past. It was a long and hard story, starting with the death of his brother, then loosing his friends, sister and himself in the end. He told me about the gang that he formed with his friends in the middle school. He seemed a bit joyful to talk about their fights and how they defeated one gang after another. But then he told about death of his step-brother he didn't even knew about, and the next events that pulled his darkness outside of him and made him what he is now. Sometimes his voice was cracking and I hugged him more, caressing his shoulder at that moments. But when he finished I noticed that he doesn't breath that heavily as before. He felt a little relieve after he talked about his past outloud.

- ... and now I understand, that one more heavy loss, and I'll totally leave my humanity behind.

I was about to cry when he finished, but I managed to hold my emotions.

- Oh, Manjiro... - I hugged him tightly and leaned my cheek to his, - I promise to be as careful as possible. Besides, you have a lot of people who can protect me. Like Yoshi, he is like a rock mountain, I'm sure I'll be safe with the one like him, when you're not there... I won't leave you either. I never felt that comfortable around anyone, but you.