Part 26. Surprise.

I went out of the shower and started dressing up. The service of hotel were already setting up a table for our diner on the yard. Manjiro was looking on me enchanted while dressing up too.

- Do I look stupid? - I asked trying to cope with the zipper on the back of my dress.

- More like... - he made a few steps towards me, - helpless. Just like the day I first saw you.

He said that and easily zipped the dress.

- Thank you, - I gave him a small kiss.

We went out and there was a small table with candles waiting for us. We took our seats and started our meal. Mikey opened the bottle of wine.

- Really? Wasn't that enough for you yesterday?
- What? I'm not going to drive or do anything important these days... - he said calmly and filled our glasses.
- As it would stop you normally... - I chuckled.

We clinked our glasses, and sipped the drink. It was a raspberry wine, a hella expensive thing that I tried only once on the wine plant during the excursion.

- A raspberry wine?! Manjiro it's...
- Yesterday you were discussing it with Koko's girlfriend, I couldn't resist but find it for you, - he grinned, amused by my reaction, - You like it?
- Sure... but, there's no need to give we everything I like immediately, really, - I smiled and took his hand, - I appreciate it, while it's a rare opportunity to have something like that.

He gently smiled, but his winner face haven't gone. We started talking about my past years, since Mikey told about his, but still knows nothing about me.

- What's the story with your painting classes? - he asked when I mentioned that I really like to draw.

- Oh... I should have predicted this. - I took a deep breath to continue, - Well, I was really enthusiastic about drawing at school, even got some prizes. But at the uni our teacher was an abuser. She was always saying that our paintings are cheaper than paper for printer, that any of us got a talent, that we don't even know how to hold a pencil, and other shit talks...

- If I knew you back then I'd shoot her dead, - he said with empty eyes.

- If I knew you back then, I'd ask for a gun to make it by myself, - I said sarcastically.

- I won't let you dirty your hands.

- Well, she doesn't even deserve the effort. Anyway, I was her the most favourite student, because she knew that I'm afraid of her. After the half of the year I was the only one she was bullying in our group. I was depressed, cried every day I had to do paintings, I was listening to the tonnes of her monologues about how shitty I am. Luckily the course ended after the 3rd semester and I never have seen her again. As well as canvas and paint, - I sighed.

- But you overcame it through years, - he said stroking my palm.

- I overcame it after I almost died under the motorcycle, - I laughed, - 2/10 not recommend this therapy.

He also laughed with me and took another sip from his glass.

- If I was able to go back in time, I'd slap myself for being so scared and I'd do everything to make myself more confident about my skills. Like, girl, who are you listening to?! An old lonely han that never was happy in her life? Sure she is searching for a victim to satisfy her traumatised soul...

- Wasn't the anyone to tell you that? - asked Mikey.

- Well, my mates were trying to cheer me up, but... they were not the people I'd like to hear cheers from. My parents know nothing about drawing, so they didn't help me either. Maybe that was also a part of my stupidity and selfishness...