Part 17.

***Y/N POV***

- Let's go to eat then? - asked Mikey and turned his head to me.

I only smiled and nodded.

There were Ran and Rindo sitting in the lounge in front of TV and Sanzu was robbing the fridge.

When he heard our voices he closed it and greeted us with the smile.

- Mikey, we gonna have a party this friday. Our new partners are inviting us.

He came closer to talk to Mikey, so I just passed him moving forward to the kitchen.

A party... they do have that kind of fun with cocktails and pool, or it has a second meaning?

I concentrated my thoughts on cooking. I am really in love with this kitchen, and also Kakucho and Takeomi are really responsible in doing groceries. I always have a plenty of ingredients to cook literally anything.

I quickly heated some meal I did earlier and made a simple salad. I looked into the lounge where everyone were sitting. Mikey saw me and nodded. I came back to kitchen to wait for his help.

I heard a footsteps in a while, but suddenly it was Rindo.

- I'll help you, - he said taking some dishes.
- Oh, thanks... - I took everything that left and followed him.

We put everything on the table, I also brought empty bowls so everyone can take what he likes.

- Y/N, how about we pay you for cooking? - said Ran, - that's delicious.

- Haha, funny. I don't really like cooking, Ran, I just like that kitchen, - I answered.

Sanzu turned on the TV and there was a wether forecast. It said that next week would be abnormally hot and the host informed about cautions.

- Ugh, and the peak value is on Wednesday, perfect! - I whined.

- And what's on Wednesday? - asked Sanzu.

- Nevermind. - I said and sighed.

Mikey looked on me confused, analysing my face expression.

[I shouldn't said that outloud I guess... Manjiro would be worried now.]

Everyone has finished their meal, so I started to pick the empty bowls.

- Thank you for the meal, - said Ran giving me his plate.

- You're welcome, - I answered emotionless.

I am really afraid now about Wednesday. Last time there was a big heat I lost consciousness in my office, despite the conditioner was working.

I put dirty dishes and all the dirty cups I found across the kitchen into a dishwasher and pressed the "Start" button. I leaned on it and took a deep breath.

[Being worried about my life and death is going to be a common thing for me, right?]

I haven't noticed Mikey was here, he stepped in front of me and looked into my eyes.

- Y/N, what's up?
- It's... it's just I'm... I'm afraid I'll pass out or fail everything or maybe something else would happen... nevermind, I'm overthinking. - I smiled shortly and turned my head away.

He hugged me lightly and rubbed my back.

- Hey, even if something happens - I would be there, - said Mikey, and he sounded really comforting.

- Yeah, I know. I just don't want to fail everything, since I already told that I'm quitting. I shouldn't have done that in ahead, it was stupid!

Mikey tightened his hug.