Part 20. Back to life.

Finally, I'm going to face the real world, I was missing for the whole week.

I took my favourite jeans shorts and a white tank top, framing all this with the white shirt and a small bag, only for phone, keys and some cash.

I left the room and went to the kitchen to have my breakfast. None is here, so I was mumbling a song that suddenly turned on in my head.

- Good morning, sweetie, I see you are finally in a mood today! - I heard the voice of Ran from behind.

- Morning! Yes, and even you won't spoil my vibe today, Ran, - I said smiling.

I took my coffee and had my place at the table.

- Why are you here, anyway? You have your own place, don't you? - I asked to break the silence.

- Yes, I have just arrived. Mikey asked me. - he said emotionlessly but still charming enough.

- Rindo mentioned once, that you're not the early bird type. I'm just wondering how much of effort has it costed to you.

- A hell lot of effort! - said Ran taking his coffe, - But Mikey's word is a law in this place.

I shrugged it off and finished my breakfast.

- Okay, see ya, hopefully not, soon! - I said waving to him and leaving to the parking.

I was waiting for elevator, when I saw Ran approaching me.

- And here we are again, - he grinned.
- What you mean?
- Mikey said I'm driving you to the office today, - said Ran fixing his cufflinks.
- But, Yoshi is waiting me over there, - I pointed somewhere below the concrete of the floor.
- I'm afraid, my dear Y/n, he's not working here anymore. Would you miss him?
- Um, no, I didn't know him for that long I guess. - I answered confused.
- Good, very good, - said Ran letting me enter the elevator first.

We were silent. I was wondering why Yoshi quit Bonten all of a sudden. His behaviour was so devoted, doubts he could do something bad.

But then I recalled what I heard earlier for multiple times, that you can't just quit the gang, since you know a lot in any case. I gasped out of my guessing what really happened to him.

- Dis you realised something, princess? - said Ran in his mocking tone.
- No... nothing, - I shook my head and fixed my face expression.
- Yes, he isn't walking alive anymore. Mikey just did what he needed, to protect his treasured girl.

I sighed. So he tried to do something to me. It's hard to accept that people are dying because of me, but if that saves my life, maybe I should just take it as it is.

- Can we take some coffee on our way? - I asked when we left the elevator.
- Didn't you just had one? - questioned Ran.
- Yes, but I feel like having another one.
- As you wish, miss, - he said opening the door of his car for me.

Rindo was on the driver's seat. Sure, sleepy Ran isn't a good option for a driver position.

***

We arrived at the parking near my office and left the car. Brothers followed me, and I felt kinda awkward to having them around. Also I don't want Mitsuya to see them, I'm afraid that's not really good idea.

- Are you going to tail me everywhere? - I asked.
- Are you ashamed of us? - fended off Ran.
- No we won't. But we would be not far away. - answered Rindo.
- Don't face Mitsuya and any of his guests. We shouldn't mix this worlds.
- As you say, princess, - said Ran.

I sighed because he won't stop calling me that, so I decided to try ignoring his nicknaming.

As I got on my floor, they went somewhere. I shrugged and went to my office to sign some papers. On the way here we took some coffee, and also I bought a small cake for my mates from the job I'm currently quitting.