Part 14. The game is changing.

I woke up feeling the sun rays on my face. I was lying like this for a while, until I realised that I'm not at home. Windows of my apartments look at north, sun never shows in my window at this time.
Memories from the last night started flowing into my head. The kidnapping, the abandoned building, the shots, the gun in my hand... I am breathing heavily now, anxiety took the best of me. I am about to cry...

- Mornin' Y/N, - I heard Mikey's voice and felt him hugging me.

[Weird weird weird... this is all weird]
Was my first thought.

But with feeling his hug tighten my anxiety lowered it's power. I calmed a bit.

[I'm in a bed with a man. He's hugging me... now goes another round of anxiety...]

- Y/N I know you aren't sleeping.
- Oh... I'm sorry Manjiro, good morning, - I patted his hand that was hugging me over the blanket, - My head is busy with memories of yesterday.
- It's me who should be sorry then, - Mikey's voice sounds down.

We were lying like this for some time, until my stomach stared carving. It was so loud that I felt deeply embarrassed.

- I'll order something to eat, - said Mikey standing up from the bed to take his phone.

He took his phone and went to balcony, so I can do my morning routine.

[I'm sure here is a huge ass kitchen, but nobody cooks. Should I try if there's a chance?]

I was thinking when I went to the closet and took the bags from yesterday's shopping. I took the pants I bought and noticed the silk shirt.

[I am sure I left it in the fitting room, this one is good but too expensive... Mikey, you... but anyway, thanks.]

I decided to stay in his t-shirt for now since I'm totally not going to have any occasion to wear something formal today.
I took my clothes, went to the bathroom, did morning stuff and braided my hair. Surprisingly, Mikey's plain black t-shirt is a perfect combo for this black fornal pants.

[My look is mirroring my mental state today.]

I went out of the bathroom and saw that Mikey is still on the balcony. I went there.

- You like to have a nice view, don't you? - I asked him sitting on the recliner next to him.
- I guess. We share this desire to own a view, aren't we?

I smiled shortly.

- Thanks for that shirt. I don't know when did you do it, but I really like it.
- I couldn't let myself to lose this chance, - he answered.

We were silent for a while. I don't know what to talk about after what happened yesterday. I'm sure Mikey feels the same. Maybe it's even better to be silent right now, since our emotions are messed up. Suddenly Mikey got a message, that the breakfast is ready and we have to go to the kitchen.

[So they have some catering here. How convenient.]

While the second floor of this penthouse has a tiny lobby that connects the rooms, the first floor is a huge living area, with TV and couches, huge kitchen and the pool at the terrace. There are also some corridors, and I can't see what's there yet.

[Holy-moly, this place is huge af and, Good, this looks so fancy!]

Everyone was already here eating: Sanzu, Ran, Rindo and some other unknown guys. Those who I don't know look like a real Yakuza, I wonder what greetings should I wait from them.

[Okay, I guess after I have seen them all I really have no way back but be involved with them.]

- Morning, Y/N, my saviour! - Ran was playing like he is excited to see me. His brother just rolled the eyes.
- How's your shoulder, Ran? - I asked.
- I'll be okay, don't worry, - he said in his gentliest possible voice.
- That's good to hear, - I said while me and Mikey were passing him to take our seats.