Damsel in Distress?

"...am not some wet behind ears assistant of yours. So, don't feed me that it's nothing but a fake threat crap. You need to ask him to go or bear consequences for the mindless stunt he pulled last night"

...prae???..she is here?? Wasn't she in Maldives, celebrating her partner's birthday??...Kongpob looks down the living area and finds furniture and sofa sets upside down, the glass painting hanged on the wall is now splintered and in pieces, making him realize from where the earlier crashing noises were coming from. but stills hearing the loud voice. There's a hole in the LCD monitor, the cracks spreading around the black, sleek and shiny surface of the display. His boss is standing with his shoulders rigid and tensed, his stance open, eyes wild as he glares straight ahead in what Kongpob assumes is Prae. He hides behind the pillar hearing the tad bit...did she just insulted me??..Kongpob scoffs at the indirect insult. His ears perks up as the conversation resumes.

"Arthit, Mr. Fiang has sent us a legal notice, you get it? A. LEGAL. NOTICE. Fortunately the bastard is smart enough to not publicise the assault-

"It wasn' t assault Prae", Arthit gritted through his teeth. His eyes clouds as he continues,"..that motherf**er actually had the audacity to touch my employee inappropriately when he was fully aware of hundreds of eyes fixed at him. My assistant had done the least. If it had been me -

"But it's not you Arthit. Whatever had been the circumstances, but the reality is that Kongpob has been charged for physically harming Mr. Fiang and a summon against him is already sitting over at my desk. You firing him is the best solution for you and agency", the woman dressed professionally in a hot pink business suit pant and heels, concluded. She can see how reluctant the other is, but even though she knows that the claims are false, her first priority is Arthit and his career. The guy has struggled a lot to reach this far. She has seen how hard the other worked to his place in entertainment industry. And it's a fickle place where nothing is permanent. One who is shining like a sun today can be drown into abyss the other. And if they didn't anything soon, Fiang will ruin all sweat and blood Arthit has shed all this time.

"No. Me Firing Kongpob is not a option AT ALL. PERIOD".

The actor announced firmly, staring in the indigo iris of his manager, letting her know of how serious he is.

Prae sighed. She had already known of this outcome yet she did his best to convince the guy. "Okay fiiine! You don't want to kick off your assistant so there's only one last option left and ', she outed her palms in gesture, "...am not budging from this one, either you like it or not"

Arthit stares at the other in suspicion," what kind of option you are talking about?"

Prae flips her golden strands back, making her way towards the stairs, disregarding the actor's question," that's for me to know and you to find out"

Alerted at the last words,the assistant flys back inside the room he had come from and laid on the bed, covering himself from head to toe. Pretending to sleep, he tries to even out his breath, yet gasps when a faint knock is heard outside the door. He contemplated if he should get up and open the door, imitating half asleep or he should just ignore it. He has just reached the decision to get up when he hears Arthit's voice telling Prae he is out due to heavy dose.

***

Kongpob palms his golden hair in annoyance...why I always gets stuck in these kind of situations??..He lets his eyes runs over the large and wide door panel he is standing before. For last 10 minutes, he has been there in the corridor like a wierdo cursing his dimwit self for agreeing with Prae. He steps ahead, when a waiteress passes through him wheeling out some order. The assistant tries to give a polite smile to the respectful yet doubtful gaze of the staff member. He won't blame the management if they had sent the woman to feel out the real situation. He has noticed the surveillance fixed at each corner of the floor. Him standing before the hotel room, gawking at the door and making wierd expressions for more than 10 minutes can't be considered an act done by a normal person.

...lets get to work Kongpob...the honey skin man squares back his shoulder like he is charging right into the battle, and reaches forward, knocking at the door few times. Few seconds passes and then the door is opening, a medium height, heavy weighed Fiang is before him dressed in a thick fluffy white bath robe. His white curls wet and scattered wildly. This man is so different from the polished man with a high sleek ponytail who groped him in the party.

"Mr. Fiang...", Kongpob greets, even though all he wishes to punch the guy in face again and run.

"so you are finally here, huh? I had thought that you would go for the other option of pressing charges back at me", Fiang mocks, left corner of his mouth tilting upward, before he steps aside, opening the door more wide.

The assistant gives no reply instead he walks inside, leaving the stocky guy to shit the door behind.

****

"WHAT!!!!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???", Arthit roared, like a caged tiger ready to launch himself on his next target. When most of the people would had been shaking in his boots at the enraged bull, Prae just rolls her eyes watching the vivid state of her client.

"Arthit, I understand-

"NO!!", the actor shouts, veins ticking up his forehead, lips stiff and glued. He points his index towards his manager, going out of his mind hearing the stupid plan she cooked up alongside his extra stupid assistant. Assistant who is busy, God knows where, playing knight in shining Armour for him.

"You... You don't understand anything. He doesn't have a single fighting bone in him. He can't defend himself from a fucking rat!! HOW IN THE HELL WILL HE PROTECT HIMSELF THERE??? HOW CAN YOU JUST ASK HIM TO APOLOGISE TO THAT RASCAL??HE HAD TRIED TO MOLEST HIM FOR GOD'S  SAKE!!!", the actor snaps, throwing away the movie script he was going through before Prae came and told him about his assistant.

Prae sighs, exhausted of later's hour long screaming and reiterating same thing again and again and again. Taking out her phone, she punches some number before attaching the device to her ear," What's the update.. wh..What??? What did you said?"

Whatever is being told to her on the other side made her eyes pop out. Her mouth hungs open as she listens to the ranting on the other side. Her facial expression a cross between crying and laughing. As the call disconnects, she sighs in exasperation..I really should had listened to Arthit....

"What is it?", the actor asks, concerned for laters safety. "Is he fine?? Has something happened?", when his manager just kept mum, staring him with an almost mocking way, Arthit explodes, no longer able to take in the secrecy. 

"I swear Prae-

"Your assistant is in lock up"

"Huh?", Arthit is confused...lock up??...

"Apparently, your damsel in Distress do has some fighting bones in him"

******