Stolen moment

Arthit gazed at his personal assistant sleeping on the floor with his back propped against the door. It has been hours since both of them got stuck in his private room. Neither of them had their phones and the landline in the room is not working. His only hope is Prae his manager who must be blowing up his phone with calls all ready to sink her long sharp nails into him for missing today's photo shoot.

After his blow up, Kongpob just went on his silent mode and ignored his presence which was fine by the actor till now. His eyes again snags back to his stubborn PA who is slightly shivering because of A.C. which is again on automode like the door and it's temperature can only be adjust by the remote which again is in his desk.

Arthit has already changed into a spare shirt he always keeps. It comes handy in times like these. Currently, he is nursing a beer and chips he got after raiding the fridge. He has offered some to kongpob who had just glared at him in reply.

His ears perk up hearing a faint murmur from his PA who is shifting in his sleep trying to get a comfortable position. Sighing, Arthit goes to the other and squats down. He raises his hands reaching for other but at the end time stops and shakes his head...It won't work. Kong is way too stubborn to accept my help. I need to do something else...

An idea, albeit not a good one if ask to his manager, strucks him. He walks back taking off his shirt, letting it fall on the floor and resumes his earlier position.

Knowledge for those who don't know, Arthit's body is really really sensitive. For instance the slight burn he got earlier. Right now, the tiny patch has swollen to max, turned bright red and is hurting like a bitch. He still had not used the ointment his PA had brought. May be he is also pigheaded like his assistant. 15 minutes in and Arthit's plan goes in effect.

Kongpob drowsily opens his eyes completely disoriented. Stretching his legs, a wince leaves him as his stiff body protests and crinks in his neck made their presence known. His spec less gaze slids to the white ceilings from which industrial lights are peeking, turquoise walls decorated with mementos and blurr photos. And then he heard it. The reason he woke up in the first place. His eyes flys to his boss who is sneezing without a break and makes a crying face...why God??? I just wanna sleeeeep...

Scrunching his nose, he rubs his eyes to remove sleepiness and turns to his left where bane of his existence is half lying, half sitting on the single couch, coughing and sneezing. Huffing, he made way to the actor whose nose has turned pink. He closes his eyes in exasperation as he is privy of other being allergic and highly sensitive.

He picks up the baby blue shirt fallen at the foot of the sofa...what the hell was he thinking??? Not wearing shirt? When he knows that he is allergic to AC's cool air... Kongpob runs an eye over the room for the remote but could not found one.

"where is AC's remote control???"

" Ou..achoo!! Out in thachooo!! Out in the -"

"Just stop. Looks like it would be morning till the time you finish your sentence", Kongpob remarks.

Arthit shoots him a dirty look and points his finger to his PA but Kongpob raises his right palm," save the scolding for later. Both of our hair would turn grey even if we wait for your come back"

Achooo!!!akchoo!!! Akcakchu!!

The actor is now regretting his idea as he can feel the onslaught of headache behind his temple. He massages his forehead to get some relief. In between this headache, sneezing and this red patch on his abdomen, Prae is going to have a field day.

Kongpob looks at the AC which is installed directly on the wall facing sofa and first thought to shift the couch to change its position but the very next second declined it. He looks at the shirt and was going to wrap it over the other when his gaze slids to the abdomen, the burnt area of which is now fully bright red and slightly swollen...He really is a moron. Why didn't he just used the ointment???...

Walking back to the doorstep where he was earlier, Kongpob finds the tube he had thrown away. Claiming the place beside his boss, he gently applies the gel blowing on the burnt part when Arthit moans in pain.

"Just a bit phi. It would heal in no time", the words were out before Kongpob can stop them. An awkward silence cloaks both as they thrown away in the past.

The chattering noise sends Kongpob in action. He rummaged the whole room but there is no medicine or blanket or any useful thing. He is fully awake now and is looking intently at his boss who is groaning and moaning in pain. He bites his lip debating his next course of action. It is not the first time he is seeing the other in such state. If it had been 3 years back, he would not had thought twice before helping the other. But things aren't same. He has changed. Arthit has changed. The dynamics of their once easy relation of phi-nong has changed....but help is help isn't it???...I should help him, right??..

Deciding, kongpob slids close to his boss, putting his arms at the back of the couch, only for Arthit to turn and snuggle right into his arms.

" Wha..Boss?? Bb..bosss??? ", Kongpob tentively shakes the other to wake up but it only ended in Arthit plastering his body to him," mmm...warm!!!"

The young man stops his efforts to wake up the other as the actors soft words whispered against his chest brings back the sacred and most christened memories of his life. He peeks at the pale face cuddling to him, burrowing head in crook of his neck and could not help but smile.. a sad smile. How he had longed for cuddles!!!! But Kongpob can not forget that it is a mere illusion and not a reality. Arthit always seeked to skinship whenever he got ill and him being here is the only reason they are this close. As soon as the fog clears, this person would become the same one who had betrayed him, betrayed his family. But can't he just pretend for this once???

*******

A very very short update

21st August,2020