Heartstrings

Arthit turns his left, changing sides when some noise wakes him up from the sleepy fog.

"Kong?"

He calls out other's name two times more but didn't get any reply. Sighing he sits up, pressing on the switch, enlightening the bed side lamp.

Rubbing his eyes, he squints at his assistant who is tossing and turning on the sofa.

Kongpob's declaration left him dumbfounded. Leaving a bitter taste in his mouth. Arthit wanted to know what the other meant by the words but he stopped himself seeing the closed off look on younger one's face. He is familar with this expression of later. It is one when the junior is adamant on keeping everyone at arm's length and not let anybody in. Knowing that it would be futile to insist the other, the actor left it at that. They had an all too silent fiddly dinner where the only noise is off the knifes and forks. Instead of savoring the premium quality food, he forcibly shoved it down his throat. Everything tasted like burnt charcoal and ashes.

What infuriated Arthit more is how skittish  the younger one had gone. Like any minute and the actor would pounce on him. And that's what exactly stopped him from objecting when he saw his assistant making his way to the couch with a thin blanket. He was going to offer his bed to Kongpob but after watching other's attitude, he was beyond mad. The elder was dying to snap at later but somehow he controlled himself and kept his lips intact, not arguing with the younger one and went to sleep. Being awoke for long hours and exhaustion played in his favour and within minutes he fall asleep.

The actor checks his phone and finds it half past 2. It has not been more than 3 hours yet he is feeling more human and no longer dozing off every second. A good and sound sleep can do wonders. Removing the covers off him, the actor plants his feet to the carpet and stands up. He can see the body shivering and trembling beneath the comforter. A very slight noise of clattering teeth can also be heard.

Arthit bends, lifting the cover off his assistant and find the other crouched into a foetus position, hands tucked beneath the chin, with both knees stacked against the chest. Lips quivering. He checks others forehead, and sighs in relief when finds the temperature normal....hash!! Just cold and not fever...The actor rakes his gaze over the whole frame and his heart constricts finding the other so beautiful and naive and adorable...like a plushie toy... ....get your head straight man!! Let sleep and not linger around a sleeping person like a pervert..

The elder shuts his eyes, taking long deep breath, asking his heart to stop being erratic...let him be on the sofa. I don't care..Thinking that, Arthit turns back, ready to march  back but was not able to take a single step. He looks over at the shaking figure and swears under his breath.

Next  he scooped his husband up, into his strong arms and makes way towards the bed. Jostled at the sudden lift, Kongpob wakes up. His eyes sticky with sleep and drowsiness, yet he seemed alert. But as soon as he gets a clear look of his carrier's face, his whole frame loosens up, eyelids drooping shut. He weakly pushes against other's chest.

"Wha..what are you doing? Put me down", Kongpob whined, like a child who has been woken up from his sleep. Even though his lips are protesting, Kongpob has yet to made a move to get down. However, like the walking contradiction he is, instead of putting any distance, Kongpob's limbs has wrapped themselves around Arthit comfortably. There's also a slurr in his voice which, Arthit assumed, implies that his assistant is going back to the lalala land.

"Stop being a stubborn. You will only catch cold if slept on the couch", the actor admonishes the other like a parent. Getting a very unexpected response. Arthit was looking forward for a chiding comeback but gets surprise of his life when the younger one just snuggles into him, whispering a unbearable OK.