three - met gala pt. 2

OLIVIA'S POV

Once I'm done responding to Isla and her extremely desperate texts, I exit the stall and touch up my lipstick. This bathroom is insane. There are celebrities everywhere, smoking, swallowing pills, and doing much more unspeakable things. Then I remember my mission and I really don't want to do this. The guy just seemed so full of himself earlier.

When I leave the bathroom, I run into just the man I was looking for. Austin Butler.

"Oh sorry. Didn't see you." he says in a deep, raspy voice. damn, even his voice is annoying. I'm not sure what Isla sees in him, but oh well. I said I'd do it, so I'll do it.

"No problem. Austin, right?" I'm reminded of how this conversation is supposed to be 'casual.'

"Yeah. Olivia?" I nod. "Nice to meet you." He holds out a hand which I take and shake.

"So, Elvis? That's pretty crazy. I heard the film's incredible." I say with a fake smile on my face, trying to be nice for Isla.

"Thank you, and I hope it's incredible." he blushes. He surprisingly seems pretty shy despite the whole 'in love with himself' act. "I've listened to your album, and it's so great."

"thanks." I say, my smile is a little more genuine this time. Maybe this guy wouldn't be bad for Isla.

"Actually I came to the tour too, and the girl you performed with... um, is she here tonight?" Austin quickly adds, with the same shyness in his voice.

"Isla? no, she's not here." thank god he brought her up and I didn't have to try to. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason, I just really admire her work." he blushes once again. "I was the one who suggested her cover of 'Can't Help Falling in Love' to be in the film."

This seems to be going very well. "I'll definitely tell her." I say with a smile. "Unless you want to? I'm sure she'd love to meet you sometime." i suggest.

"You think so?" he questions.

"You didn't hear it from me, but when I was in there," I pointed to the bathroom, "She sent me on a mission to set her up with a certain someone." This makes Austin blush even more. "Do you want her number?"

"I wouldn't be opposed to the idea." he says, smirking. He hands me his phone, and I open it to a new contact and in it I put 'isla <3?' and her number in. "Thank you so much, Olivia. I'll see you around alright?"

"Alright sir." As he walks past me I grab his arm. He turns back and I quickly add, "Don't be a jackass, Butler."

"Yes ma'am." he says before making his way into the men's room.

This went much better than I planned. I grabbed my phone from my bag to send Isla a text.

me

isla maeve.

bitch <3

olivia isabel.

me

he asked me about you

bitch <3

he?

austin butler?

ur joking

me

no. im fr

i gave him your number

bitch <3

you didnt.

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!
what did he ask about me?

me

just if you were here tonight.

and he said he "really liked your work"

bitch <3

omg.

how does he even know who i am? i mean i didnt even know who he was until my parents told me

me

not sure, but he picked your cover for the movie

either way, you owe me

bitch <3

yes yes ofc

anything

also...HE PICKED OUT MY COVER FOR THE FILM????

me

yesssss!!!!

I'll keep that in mind...