fifty-one - graceland

AUSTIN'S POV

I let out a deep breath, preparing myself to walk into Elvis's home, and sit down for dinner with his family, then knock on the large front door. I'm welcomed in by Lisa Marie who tells me that her mother is waiting for me in the dining room.

"Hello, Austin," Priscilla warmly greets me, as I enter the dining room.

"Hi again, Priscilla. It's been so long," I joke, in an attempt to calm my nerves. I've spent so much time with her but I'm still just as nervous as the first time I met her. She laughs and invites me to sit next to her, telling me that's where Elvis sat on the rare occasion the three of them sat down to eat dinner together.

After a quick late-night dinner, I'm bringing dishes to the kitchen, where there's a staff cleaning up. Priscilla sneaks up behind me and taps my shoulder. "Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but I believe I heard that you play?"

"Umm, yes. Guitar, piano, and violin, though I haven't played a violin since I was in middle school."

She takes the dishes out of my hands, sets them on the counter, and pulls me to follow behind her. "I've got something I think you may like," she says as she guides me to the jungle room.

Waiting for me is Lisa Marie on the couch holding Elvis's iconic '56 Gibson guitar. His name, 'Elvis Presley', along the neck of the instrument is beautiful. I'm in awe as Lisa Marie hands the guitar to me, "Play us something," she requests.

I sit on the couch and prepare myself to play Elvis's guitar in Elvis's house on the couch where Elvis sat. I take it all in as Priscilla sits on a chair across from me and pulls her phone out to record. I begin strumming the strings and playing 'Can't Help Falling in Love.'

This song is so special to me, not only just because it's a beautiful song, but because it's the song that brought me and Isla together. As I play, I close my eyes and imagine her gentle voice singing.

When I reach the end of the song, I can't help but smile thinking about how much love I have in my heart for her. I can't wait for the day there are four miniature versions of Isla running around.

I can't believe we've only been together for a month when it feels like she's the only person I know. To be honest, she's the only person I really care to know. Look at the situation I'm in right now, yet all I can think about is her. I love this life so much, and everything I get to do and call it my 'job', but I'd give it all up in the blink of an eye, with no second thoughts, to be with Isla Dempsey.

*********

this was short but i just wanted to have a cute lil austin chap all to himself